Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Indian Arm, Deep Cove  (Read 16838 times)

fishin_dude

• I'm a llama!
Indian Arm, Deep Cove
« on: July 04, 2005, 11:12:33 PM »

Are ther places to fly fish for pink around deep cove and when?

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Indian Arm July 3
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2005, 11:53:36 PM »

Pinks should be showing off the mouth of the Seymour and Cates Park at around the end of this month.

fishin_dude

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2005, 05:45:35 PM »

How far is the mouth of the Indian river?

Gooey

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2005, 06:14:26 PM »

about 3 hours from deep cove....by canoe and dependant on tide ( I have done it once)!

DaN ThE MaN

• Old Timer
  • Darn she got away!!
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2005, 07:59:27 PM »

is there any boat lauches close by.. ???

dan

TtotheE

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2005, 08:05:00 PM »

Mouth of the Indian is about 45 mins going easy with a 10 hp motor from the Cates park launch.

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2005, 02:32:49 AM »

Hmm I wonder how long would my 4HP take? :-\

fisher88

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2005, 01:10:40 PM »

yes,, there is backroads.. you can enter at around squamish where there is a string of logging roads that takes  you from the start of the indian river to the mouth where it connects to indian arm. Fished C&R there last year,, tons of fun. Too bad it reeks!!! because there are soo many of them!!! you can take the road right to the mouth where it reaches the ocean. There is an old logging camp and across the water you can see a boy scout camp i believe?? water access only to it.
If you aint dutch you aint much!

DaN ThE MaN

• Old Timer
  • Darn she got away!!
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2005, 02:56:30 PM »

would i be able to lauch a 14' from there??

FISHIN MAGICIAN

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2005, 08:27:32 PM »

Well that's just great. Well that's just great. We are going to have every TOM, DICK, and HARRY fishing the bejezus out of INDIAN ARM because someone caught a bony CHINA ROCKFISH that probably has a few worms.

WILL EVERY *(&&*%T WHO IS THINKING ON GOING TO INDIAN ARM PLEASE READ THE FISHERIES AND OCEANS CANADA ROCKFISH REGULATIONS. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

fisher88

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2005, 08:34:49 PM »

from the mouth of the indian?? not too sure.. i think its a bit of a rocky drop so i highly doubt it?? perhaps im wrong.. Only guys who go up that road are hunters or are fishing in the river itself.
If you aint dutch you aint much!

stryker 07

• Piss on work,gotta go fishing
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2005, 09:26:00 PM »

you forgot LARRY ;D
Please honey can i go fishing now???

dan

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2005, 11:23:38 PM »

Dan , if your 14" is on a trailer you can back it down onto the dock and drop it over the side, getting it out could be tough but it can be done but it's not worth the hastle I've fish that area for 39 years and trust me when I say it's not worth it. The fishing for Pinks isn't what it was years ago at the mouth.I know every inch of Indian Arm and if you want to get Pinks launch at Kate's park and work your way up as far as the gravel pit on the west side. You could find some it small spots on the way up but the gravel pt is the last good spot unless you want to cast big treble hooks.One other spot to look at is Granite falls, some times on  a good year they will hang out there for a bit.
Hope this helps you out and if you do go up there PLEASE don't fish for the rock cod their not in good shape and should be left alone.
I've seen the population of cod drop so bad over the years it's unbelievable .The boats that would show up in the last 15 to 20 years and take every fish from 4" rock cod 3perch was sick, what ever came to the boat was dead and I'm sorry to say on this site they where Asians and I'm not Trying to be an old red neck but it's the truth.
I see people always talking about the rock cod that they got for Indian Arm and I sill can under stand why they can't just leave the area to rebound to what it was.There is so many places and other types of fish to go after, why target something that takes so long to reproduce,I don't get it.

DaN ThE MaN

• Old Timer
  • Darn she got away!!
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2005, 12:54:27 AM »

My intention was never to bottom fish. I was just woundering about the pinks around there.. somewhere for me to venture to. Thanks for the info dan

Dan