Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: NFR. Limited Entry Hunts  (Read 3184 times)

jettabambino

• Old Timer
  • wanna banana?
NFR. Limited Entry Hunts
« on: July 05, 2005, 10:49:04 PM »

I know this is a fishing website but some of us fisherman like to hunt... wonder if anyone was sucessful with the LEH hunt results being posted.... Nothing for me this year so i will have to find a 4 point or better...
see ya on the river

allwaysfishin

Re: NFR. Limited Entry Hunts
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2005, 11:34:16 PM »

funny, last year almost no one i knew got drawn
this year two guys i know, one got moose, elk and caribou and the other got moose and elk,
my hunting partner got two draws as well, goat and grizz.
i got a whitetail doe and my brother got the same draw as me too.
all in all not bad but i'm waiting for a second chance at my moose draw.... oh well maybe next year.

funfisher

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2005, 07:41:55 AM »

how do we find out if we got a draw?  This is my first year applying

Thanks

funfisher

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2005, 07:57:30 AM »

nevermind, I googled it and found the site.  No draw for me :'( 
maybe next year.

leaseman

• on the water or in the bush...thats entertainment
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2005, 09:21:55 AM »

My lucky year...group hunt for 2 bull moose and a doe draw!!

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2005, 12:16:44 PM »

I am curious, a bull moose is over 500lb right? how many people do you need to get it out?
And hunting license is it what you can hunt for each year is determined by draw?

leaseman

• on the water or in the bush...thats entertainment
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2005, 12:58:04 PM »

BwiBwi-
The area I moose hunt in in the Vanderhoof area and a mature bull moose will average 900lbs + or -
when the aminal is cleaned we split it down the back bone (know it is in 2 pieces) then take each of these halves and split them in half at the third rib up from the diaphram. This gives you 4 pieces of close to the same size and around 150 lbs + to drag, carry, or haul out whatever way you wish to do it...one person can do it but ALOT easier with more...the moose will last you a year (family of 4 ) especially after all your friends get their roasts or steaks!!...As far as your second question your hunting license allows you to transport and carry your rifles/shotguns for the purpose of hunting, the license also allows you to hunt small game i.e. rabbits and grouse etc. For animals such as moose, deer, elk, bear etc you must buy a "tag" which depending on species can cost from $10.00 and up...the limited entry hunt is a draw that the people who are lucky enouigh to win can hunt a species that only the draw winners can hunt i.e. where my draw is the number of "winners" is 50 which means that 50 differant people have to oppertunity at a mature bull moose... in the same area there also is a draw for cow moose (same number I think!) for people that don't get draws they only have the oppertunity to hunt for immature bulls which are last years calves... this is a very brief explanation!!!!

Fishin Freak

• Old Timer
  • Get The Feeling, Toyota!
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2005, 05:33:27 PM »

Got drawn for a Mule Doe in a place that's thick with them, first year applying to  ;D

fisher88

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2005, 08:30:28 PM »

im 16, but i wanna get my license to hunt. I have an uncle who hunts so he'll show me some tips.. but where do u take courses and stuff?? plus how much is a good rifle (not a expensive one) but one that will do the job.???
If you aint dutch you aint much!