Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Nootka sound  (Read 2811 times)

meca_357

Nootka sound
« on: July 03, 2005, 09:54:49 PM »

Hey all! im heading out to nootka sound on thursday for a week trip .. got the boat ready and all, got downriggers mooching rods a.k.a we're set... just wondering if anyone got any recent reports, tips, and locations you could give me to have a great week up there. We'll be going for chinook, hopefully coho on the fly, halibut, and red snapper so any tips on any of those would be greatly apprectiated... thanks  ;) :D 8) ;D

allwaysfishin

Re: Nootka sound
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2005, 12:08:28 AM »

evrerything is still on the outside, from last i heard. i will be getting a fresh report hopefully tomorrow afternoon or tuesday. watch for an update.

meca_357

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2005, 04:41:56 PM »

great... thanx always  ;)

meca_357

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2005, 10:33:45 PM »

any last words woul dbe appreciated i leave thursday morning supeeeeeeeeer early so ill prolly check this one more time tomorrow andthast about it so any last comments  ::)... if not cheeers and good luck to all during this week.. have fun guys and catch some fish, cus i know i will  ;D.. cheers boys and gals

allwaysfishin

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2005, 11:38:11 PM »

still waiting to hear from the nootka crew, looks like they are back tomorrow.
but for springs get yourself the number one nootka rig (in my books anyways)
Hot Spot flasher called Golden Warrior followed by a 5 1/2 to 6 inch anchovie (well brined) and a chartreusse green chrome anchovie teaser head. this on a 6 to 9 foot leader of 30 to 40 lbs test with a 1/0 trble top hook and a 5/0 single trailing hook.
consistantly produces big springs on every trip i've had over there.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2005, 11:42:17 PM by allwaysfishin »

meca_357

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2005, 04:49:25 PM »

alright always thanks for all the help bro ... this is the last time im on the site before my trip now just gotta load everything on the boat camper and truck and we're out of here tomorrow at 4 am  :o ... im gonan go look into the "nootka rig" u mentioned thnx a lot.. to the rest good luck and catch some fish  ;)
tight lines...