Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: ~~~Fraser, June 23rd. Guys Night Out~~~  (Read 1621 times)

Randog

• Ultimate Sportfishing Adventures
~~~Fraser, June 23rd. Guys Night Out~~~
« on: June 23, 2005, 10:42:35 PM »

After a quick stop at Riverside fly and tackle for a 12 pack of dew worms it was off to the launch at the Port Mann bridge where Lil’ Randog and I quickly unloaded the Randojet from the trailer and started upriver to our “Honey Hole” but we were quickly intercepted by the Marine division of the RCMP. The told us to pull over as they wanted to perform a routine check. No problem here, as I didn’t have any booze on board and I was wearing my mustang floater coat the officer asked me a few questions and wanted to see my angling license he found all to be in order and let us go upon our way.

We arrived at our spot and set out the lines, sat back and chewed on some spits and opened a couple of Cokes and soaked up the rays. No sturgeon to be had in that spot so we pulled anchor and headed up river to another spot that produces sometimes, but once again no takers. We saw a few springs jumping and that was promising for this weekend as I plan on doing a little bar fishing this Saturday if the river cooperates .

So up comes the anchor again and we zoom down river and try another well known spot by the old B.C. Penitentiary. I set the anchor and cast out the rods and settle in for the waiting game. A half hour goes by and the port side rod starts to quiver a little, the dew worms are “dewin’ their job,  Lil’ Randog jumps to attention and with a giant hook set he’s into the first and only sturg. Of the afternoon. Right away he says to me “it’s a small one” after a couple of minutes of battle the “small one” jumps out of the muddy Fraser at least 2 ft. that put a smile on both our faces. Long story short, we boat the sturg. And measure him from nose to tail and he was 39” exactly with a quick release he was set free to grow up to be 10 footer... We high five and rebaited the 7/0 Gamakatsu hooks and sent them to the deep. But we couldn’t find any more takers. So we toddled back to the launch and headed for home. Another successful “Guys night out” ;D
« Last Edit: June 23, 2005, 10:47:24 PM by Randog »

DaN ThE MaN

• Old Timer
  • Darn she got away!!
Re: ~~~Fraser, June 23rd. Guys Night Out~~~
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2005, 11:04:12 PM »

Great to hear some inforcement on the rivers now. Thanks for the report/

Dan

lucky

• Old Timer
Re: ~~~Fraser, June 23rd. Guys Night Out~~~
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2005, 11:39:47 PM »

Fished the lower end around Richmond today for 5 hours, lost a few rigs and caught a big bullhead. Highlight of the day was seeing a sturgeon well over 6 feet jump middle river, I had to rub my eyes, still not used to seeing those monsters. Saw a total of five sturgeon jump but I didnt see any springs surface.