Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: ~~~Sturgeon June 9th.~~~  (Read 1764 times)

Randog

• Ultimate Sportfishing Adventures
~~~Sturgeon June 9th.~~~
« on: June 09, 2005, 09:58:15 PM »

Well Mrs. Randog is out on a company dinner tonight, I thought I'd take Lil' Randog out for some sturg. action. We stopped by and picked up a bucket of chicken and some fries, then it was off to the launch. The jet boat roared to life and we were off.

We started at the usual spot and had a few biters which I missed a couple of hook ups ::) Too busy chowing down on the chicken ;D So we pulled anchor and took off up to Derbys reach, we fished a few holes down river then it was off to the "Honey Hole"

I baited up with some eulachons, chucked out the offering, sat down, opened a Coke and Lil Randog almost jumped out of his seat, grabs the rod and with a GIANT hookset he's FISH ON!!! His first sturg. hooked by himself. It was hilarious watching him do battle with that fish with a chicken drum stick in his mouth. He played that fish for at least 20 mins. He brought it up along side the Randojet and I heaved the monster on top of the dog house. It measured exactly 66" from tip of nose to the fork.

High fives, quick shot for the photo album and back in the muddy Fraser he went. What a great guy's night out.

hmmmmm..... Note to self. First time Lil' Randog out fishes the Big Randog. Not too sure I like that ;) ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: ~~~Sturgeon June 9th.~~~
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2005, 10:29:00 PM »

Good story. :)

itosh

• I EAT llamas!
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2005, 12:19:40 AM »

hmmmmm..... Note to self. First time Lil' Randog out fishes the Big Randog. Not too sure I like that ;) ;D

Sounds like you are going to have to get used to it.... lol.  ;) ;D ;D

Shane

minnie-me

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2005, 10:56:16 AM »

Sounds like lil Randog made papa pround, way to go!