Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: ~~~Randog Has Crabs~~~  (Read 1987 times)

Randog

• Ultimate Sportfishing Adventures
~~~Randog Has Crabs~~~
« on: May 22, 2005, 08:20:38 AM »

Thought you'd look

So the Randog Clan headed out for an afternoon of crabbing at Mrs. Randogs request. We were on the water by 12:00 noon and had the 3 crab traps baited and down by 12:30. We headed out for a little sight seeing and a snack and visited a friend who has a cabin on the water up Indian Arm.

We  returned to the traps by 3:30 to find 2 of the traps loaded with lots of crabs, we kept 8 "Keepers" and released the rest. The third trap was empty, don't know why, we used the same bait and set it within 75 yard of the others???? Anyways, a big crab/prawn seafood feast was had last night.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v195/Randog/100_1863.jpg
  Yummy ;D

Think I'll be heading out for a little Sturgeon fishing today, I'll file a report latter

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: ~~~Randog Has Crabs~~~
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2005, 09:29:56 AM »

We  returned to the traps by 3:30 to find 2 of the traps loaded with lots of crabs, we kept 8 "Keepers" and released the rest. The third trap was empty, don't know why, we used the same bait and set it within 75 yard of the others???? Anyways, a big crab/prawn seafood feast was had last night.

Why were we not invited as we donot mind you have crabs. ;D ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2005, 10:16:58 AM »

Mmmmmm I love crabs. :)

abito

• my gallery
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2005, 11:14:02 AM »

those would have been really awesome stir fried in some black bean sauce or some garlic/ginger sauce :yum:

Gillie

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2005, 12:22:17 PM »

Great we will also be looking forward to the sturgeon report. I was oput in my friends North River yesterday but we did not do any fishing. Seen a couple boats at the mouth of the Stave not much eles going on out there.

Randog

• Ultimate Sportfishing Adventures
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2005, 05:37:46 PM »

Fished some holes in the lower river, with some eluachons but only a few biters that wouldn't commit. The rivers is just raging right now, saw some HUGE trees flowin' along. So we pulled up to the dock at the Gillnetter pub for the Sunday brunch. WOW all you can eat for $8.95 what a screamin' deal.

After lunch we sounded out a sweet honey hole with lots of sturg. showing, so my buddy said "lets try in for 10 mins" we set anchor, baited the rods and casted them out for around 3 min. then my cell phone rang with Mrs. Randog on the other end telling me to get my butt (she used another term) home NOW :o! So knowing better, it was off to the boat launch and back home. Thats ok, those sturgeon will be there tomorrow ;D