Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Interesting indivuduals who take issue with buy/sell posts, especially pricing.  (Read 2821 times)

Ken D

I'd echo all the sidebar comments on one of the fly reel threads at buy-sell.  Looks like the thread got deleted by the mods.. fair enough.
The hidden intent of these types of posts is to portray private citizens as greed-mongers, not entitled to make any kind of money, must sell at a loss, on merchandise they either bought for re-sale, or want to move out of the way to subsidize the buy of more gear.  I enjoy a deal as much as the next guy, but by definition, a deal is a set of terms and prices agreed to by both parties, leaving everybody A-OK.

I got 'dissed' some as well, so I know the feeling.
I have a very nice Ambassadeur "retro" reel, made in Sweden. It's a champagne gold re-issue of the 5500C, commissioned by the Japanese market. They got many different reels re-done by Ambassadeur for resale over there. They are the "Nostalgia" series of reels.  On another board, the poster hinted I was selling something akin to a knockoff Rolex watch.... cloned in somebody's workshop in some far off pacific rim country, not a genuine Abu product.
So, I can certainly empathize with the feelings expressed by the starter of the thread.
One of the challenges in a so-called classless society.. some folks got no class...... ;D

« Last Edit: May 04, 2005, 01:29:51 PM by Ken D »

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Ken's refering to this thread if anyone is confused.

I didn't want to reply this until i had time to type something down properly, like now.

Thanks for the concern. I don't wish to deactivate the reply option in the buy and sell section, because people always have questions regarding the item that that person is selling. I'm sure the sellers prefer to have the questions asked here instead of receiving many same questions in the email, and having to reply to the same question several times.

I'm sure most of the individuals who are seemingly "thread crapping" do not intend to spoil the sellers' product when they post. Most likely they are just posts without more careful consideration.

When situation such as this occured, the original poster can always contact me and I will take the post down and send an explanation to the poster.

Here's a thought, instead of questioning/slamming the person's motive, send your concern to the moderators if something does not please you. Posting your concerns will only escalate the tension, when it may simply be a misunderstanding in the first place.

Cheers, relax, it's only a discussion forum. ;)

Jimmy

If the price is high don't buy it. If the price is truely too high then no one will buy and the item will either be removed or the price will decrease and sell at a lesser value.

A well pricred product should sell within a week if there is a market for it on these forums as there is a number of people keeping an eye open for a GOOD deal.

So if you don't like it shut up and the price should come down.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Yep, I believe threads are lockable by the original posters actually, so you guys can just lock it right after posting if you wish. I don't think one can edit a post in the locked thread though, you would have to unlock, then edit, then lock again.