Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: ~~~April 9th. Sturgeon~~~  (Read 2036 times)

Randog

• Ultimate Sportfishing Adventures
~~~April 9th. Sturgeon~~~
« on: April 10, 2005, 07:25:53 AM »

I had the honor to fish for sturgeon today with Milo, Iron Noggin and a new member to the forum Dlaw. The day started out with Milo and Nogg showing up at the house at 7:30 to help me load the boat and then it was off to meet Dlaw at the boat launch. With all the gear stowed we headed off to a honey hole that has been producing some nice sturg. Lately. So Mr. Milo plunks the anchor and I start baiting the hooks and setting the rods, well I get the third rod  set and one of the other rods starts bouncing in the rod holder I wait for the hard steady pull and wind up for the slap shot hook set and miss the first Sturg. Of the day. So out go all the rods and it was a waiting game. Long story short, we ended up with three to the boat and missed a double header. It’s safe to say the Dlaw is no longer a “Sturgeon Virgin” Pictures to follow.

Athezone

• Old Timer
Re: ~~~April 9th. Sturgeon~~~
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2005, 07:52:31 AM »

Good report Randog sounds like you guys had loads of fun. I've only hooked into one sturgeon in my
life and it got off but some where down the road I'll give a good go and get my name off that virgin list but till then, bring on the salmon ;D. Thanks Randog for the repot. :)

leaseman

• on the water or in the bush...thats entertainment
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2005, 07:50:46 AM »

What bait were you using Randog? and were you south of the Mission Bridge ???

CAPTAIN BONK

• Old Timer
  • THERE'S NO HEAD BETTER THEN STEELHEAD !
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2005, 12:32:22 PM »

A BUNCH OF US FISHED THE SILVERDALE AREA YESTURDAY, ALOT OF GOOD HITS, ONLY 4 FISH 2 THE BOAT, AND WE LOST A HOG ! >:(

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2005, 04:13:59 PM »

Hey & Hi Again Randog!

Now THAT was a lot of FUN my friend! Right looking forward to the next time!!
I ran up the complete story, along with pix over at FishBC, so have a look if you're interested!
http://forum.fishbc.com/index.php?showtopic=19234

Big Time THANKS Randy! Certainly Appreciated! Best of Luck with the new Charter biz!!

Tight Lines...
Nog

Randog

• Ultimate Sportfishing Adventures
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2005, 04:59:26 PM »

Hey Nog, the pleasure was all mine, any time your in the LML make SURE to ring me up, I'd be more than happy to spend another day on the flow with you. Derek and I were both mesmerized with all of your hunting and fishing stories and antics, I could have listened for hours, never a dull moment with you on board. The Muskox and Smoked Char was awsome. But the company was better. Thanks again Milo, Derek and Iron Noggin.  8)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2005, 05:06:00 PM »

Wait a minute.... You only mentioned about the sturgeon when you invited me, but you didn't mention anything about smoked char! :o There better be a next time. ;)

Sounds like an excellent trip, but my deer trip was more eventful I bet. ;)