Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Who Got Steel? March 30th  (Read 2647 times)

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
Who Got Steel? March 30th
« on: March 30, 2005, 07:31:31 PM »

6 o'clock Bite~
After many long days and hours of steelheading, I finally got one. A 15 lb Doe. (Hard taking a picture when your by your self, BUT i got one..... if it turns out, with cheap disposible. My short Storey to go with this is i decided to try a totally different spot that id never tryed before, with no one there, and on the 3rd cast BOOM! I had my first Steel. I was so nevous that id lose it, with my 10lb leader line, but i got it into the shallows. Once in arms reach I pulled out the camera and flashed one. The Beatiful Hatch was then Released.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2005, 09:52:16 PM by Rodney »
The Bigger The Better!

blueback

Re: Who Got Steel?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2005, 07:47:33 PM »

Dude, ya gotta have a steelhead tag to fish steelhead!! Glad you released her though.

Trout Slayer

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2005, 07:49:37 PM »

6 o'clock Bite~
Well i would have kept the hatch, but i didnt have a steelhead tag so i let him go.
I says pardon? Read page 7 in the Freshwater Regulations guidebook.
"Your basic license must be validated with a Conservation Surcharge Stamp if you intend to fish for steelhead anywhere in B.C.(whether you intend to keep or release your catch)."

Congrats on your first regardless though. :)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2005, 07:55:33 PM by Trout Slayer »

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2005, 07:59:01 PM »

Targetting trout on steelhead gear ??

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2005, 08:53:47 PM »

Congratulation Bigfisher, you finally did it. Just keep on trying & it finally pay off.  Must be a thrill to hook and land your first steelhead.

What a nice day, so I sneaked out for an afternoon fishing.  Picked up my friend who lives by the river, and we spent about 2 hours in Peach section to no avail.  Then I motioned to go down to the popular run where I had 3 fish in the last 2 trips.  There were quite a crowd at around 3:00pm, around 10 guys in the run.  Within 10 casts I had a small fish on, and it was a hatch.  Well, my friend was handy and he helped landed the 7lber which was bonked as it was quite late in the day.  No other fish were hooked. My lucky day.

Not a really good day considered the water was perfect, higher than before with a nice touch of greenish tea colour, at least 4' visibility. Any morning report will help to clarify if fishing is really slowing down.  Tight Line.

summersteel

• Old Timer
  • Nic nic.
    • citycentermassagetherapy
Re: Who Got Steel? March 30th
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2005, 10:41:34 PM »

Good job big fisher, nice to get out in this great weather I'll bet.
Fish on!

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2005, 11:45:50 PM »

Yeah, the weather and river was in great shape. Saw 3 steel caught including mine. Ill try tomorrow after school.
The Bigger The Better!

Trout Slayer

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2005, 11:58:12 PM »

Yeah, the weather and river was in great shape. Saw 3 steel caught including mine. Ill try tomorrow after school.
You mean your going to purchase your stamp for the (1) day as its the last day on the license? :o

Steelies-nitemare

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2005, 07:08:33 AM »

I made a quick stop at a spot near the crossing to start my day and ended it first cast with a nice hatch fish  8)  It was a spot i seen before but never fished and just decided it looked to fishy to go past without at least making some casts.  This hole will now be on the circuit  ;)  If you got a tag on your new lic. then it is good till it expires in '06  But it is no good for today.  Still not sure if you guys were kidding about fishing without a tag???   ::)  Oh well jokes on me i guess.  I always buy all my tags when the new ones come out.  It costs the same to have it no matter when you buy it.  ;)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2005, 07:11:58 AM by Steelies-nitemare »

mr.pink

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2005, 03:13:04 PM »

yep,i picked up my new tag and licsence on wed. big 65 bucks,well spent mind you. bigf congrats on the fish,but you really need a
licsence and tag your only hurting the fish,by not having one.seeing as there funding comes directly from licsences sold.sorry not trying to flame or anything,but hey do your part,cheers. ;D

ps:sorry to if i ve miss understood anything,from what i picked up from the other posts.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2005, 03:16:53 PM by mr.pink »

FishGuts

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2005, 10:39:50 AM »

Dont assume he has no tag just because he released a hatchery fish, not all of us kill fish all the time.

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2005, 07:53:56 PM »

Yeah true i didnt have one, I just fish for fun & anything I catch I will release. But i got one now.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2005, 02:04:01 PM by BigFisher »
The Bigger The Better!