Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Time for the non-NHL thread. Who's going to show in the MLB this year?  (Read 5040 times)

The Gilly

• Old Timer
  • Let equity be the rule of our actions

Do we see a breakout year for Seattle?  Are the Yankies going to improve?  Will Boston sink to a new low?  Who is the sleeper team this year?  Is Canseco telling the truth?  Do we care?  What do you think of the toothless steroid rules?

When I heard about the new steroid rules for MLB I almost puked.  How can these guy's be serious about correcting the problem with those rules.  They amount to getting 2 years for murder.  Must have been mediated by a Canadian judge.  Why don;t they once and for all just say that it's OK to use performance enhancing drugs.  While we're at it lets cork the bats.  Hell, lets make the bases 60' apart and move the infield walls to 300'.  I'm sick and tired of the crybabies that won't stand up and fight for pure baseball.  The finness has gone from the game at the major league level.  Games are won too many times by a fly ball to centre by a juiced up neanderthal.  Use the olympic rules (watered down a bit so players can take cold medicine) and give a one year ban for performance enhancing drugs (1st offence) and life time for 2nd offence.  As for illegal drugs, same rules.   1 year followed by life time.  Put some responsibility back society.  The sports stars can be a good example if all the leagues crack (no pun intended) down .

Koho

• I'm an alpaca!
Re: Time for the non-NHL thread. Who's going to show in the MLB this year?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2005, 07:32:30 AM »

Ahhh.. Spring training has arrived once again!  Yankees and Boston will be tough as usual, they'll be back in the playoffs.  Seattle is still short on pitching since they didn't pick up anyone big this off season.  They did load up on power batters which they badly needed, but they still could use a left handed bopper since at Safeco Field, the ball travels well to right field. Their D has improved with Beltre and Reese coming on board.
In the NL, the Cards will be back. 

I believe Cansceco may not be on the ball on many things, but on steroids he's without a doubt an expert.
"I'm having fish tonight!"  -Bruce, the Shark in Finding Nemo.