Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What's Happening On The Vedder, Fishing Wise On Sunday Feb. 6th?  (Read 2769 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
What's Happening On The Vedder, Fishing Wise On Sunday Feb. 6th?
« on: February 06, 2005, 02:02:12 PM »

As I work a three hour shift at the Great Blue Heron Nature Reserve after church this morning here in Chilliwack we are in the middle of a snow storm. An East wind is not making it that pleasant either. I was planning to go to White Rock for bugs later, any reports on snow conditions down Valley would be appreciated.

2:40 Gordie just stopped by for some fresh steelhead bait from my Thursday fish and I suggested a couple of spots he might consider trying. He does not have as much time to get out as he would like so hope he finds one. He is no stanger to finding fish and won the Boxing Day derby a few years back, that I have most likely mentioned before.

As Cammer once said a few days ago a warm bed made himself sleep in one morning instead of going out fishing so I ended up doing the same for a change this morning.

As spring is just around the corner, maybe not as I look out now at the blizzard in progress I decided to start my weekend morning patrols on the Vedder. Always looking to catch somebody dumping garbage.

Came upon a couple of party sites on the Abbotsford side of the canal cleaned up some garbage and most likely close to $10 worth of bottles. ;D Also noticed a couch etc. dropped down by the freeway. ??? :o CVRCC needs to meet one day with the Abbotsford City so we can liason with them so we can tell them of our Adopt a River Program.

I noticed a number of anglers fishing the canal that I watched for a few minutes but saw no fish on.
As I watched them I went for a walk and found a few floats including a DRENNAN that made my day.
I thought maybe it was one of Justin's that he reported losing yesterday, what colour etc. was it Justin and maybe I can return it to you if it is one of yours. ;D

I then came upon a overturned and burnt out late model Volkswagon that some vandals had most likely stolen, joyrided in, and then torched. Reported to the police and then on the way home stopped again for a photo op for the local paper of the car being loaded and haulded away.

Also met Chad at the crime scene, he had gone to the DBR first light and there was 6 others there but no fish. I may go there for a try after my shift here at the GBHNR as everyone else will be watching the Super Bowl or fighting their way home in the snow. ::)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2005, 06:53:11 PM by Rodney »

spawntiludi

• I'm a llama!
Re: What's Happening On The Vedder, Fishing Wise On Sunday?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2005, 02:19:13 PM »

Hey Chris; Well here in North Delta we had heavy snow falling all morning but it didn't stick to the roads just to the grassy areas. Turned to rain just after noon. Just looked at the tide charts and tonight should be a perfect bug pumping tide.

Good luck

Gord

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: What's Happening On The Vedder, Fishing Wise On Sunday Feb. 6th?
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2005, 04:22:58 PM »

Chris, I think that Drennan belongs to yours truly. It has a red top; the bottom is clear. It has the word DRENNAN written on the side. I would appreciate receiving it back. In return, I guarantee you good karma for the 50 steelheads you are seeking this season.

blueback

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2005, 05:37:11 PM »

Was out with the dog and the Bronto early this AM and saw 6 fish beached, :) two were hatches and one got taken home.....not by me though :(. Brrrrr.. it was cold out there. Way to go Doug, if you're listening 8). Fish are there!!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2005, 07:05:02 PM »

Actually is was one of the greenish coloured ones, it is in my vest now in case the lucky M. L. Drennan happens to fall on ill times. ;D

Slipped out to night to explore some new water for the upcoming week. No bites but enjoyed it very much.

It was just great out there in the little bit of snow that fell this afternoon, a cool brisk East wind, and no anglers in sight in the area I was fishing. I imagine most were watching the Super Bowl. Found a couple of new spots that may be worth a try one day.

The water conditions were also excellent that should result in a few fish this week. I hope to be able to tube some for the hatchery and improve on my 1 for 5 past week record and 4 for 18 overall. The Master is guiding a fly fisher for two days so hope he can get him into a fish as getting one on the fly is a real challenge with all us bait guys around. Will leave the hot spots to them. ;D ;D

summersteel

• Old Timer
  • Nic nic.
    • citycentermassagetherapy
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2005, 09:01:42 PM »

Thats my goal - to get one on the fly this year. Had luck with the coho last year, and I know lots of water that is perfect.
Fish on!

DaN ThE MaN

• Old Timer
  • Darn she got away!!
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2005, 09:43:28 PM »

Nice looking fish congrats!

scottm

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2005, 10:15:06 PM »

Nice fish way to go !

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2005, 11:14:46 PM »

Nice report and well done Bantam, I enjoy reading these longer reports as much as do writing mine. Just got back with 50 bugs nicely tucked in newspaper as Fish Assassin has instructed me do do. ;D

Hopefully they will yeild me a fish or two starting tomorrow. ;D ;D

Buckeye

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2005, 06:54:00 AM »

Great report and beauty fish Bantam.
Thanks for sharing that with us!

:)

Bantam_50

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2005, 05:50:40 PM »

Some added info for CG and everyone else. When cleaning my steelie, I found 1 hot pink roebag (intact) and 1 hot pink prawn inside her tummy. Plus reminisce of roe. Greedy little thing she was.  :D

blueback

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2005, 06:29:19 PM »

Nice work Bantam. That IS a beauty run! That hen is a carbon copy of the one I got last week. Lots of fish getting caught in that weight range. Get 'em while their there!!

salmon assasin

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2005, 12:08:36 PM »

Chris I think that drennan is mine lol. If it is mine you can keep it ! Is it a 35gms Zeppler with a kind of blueish tinge? I lost one Thursday morning and chased it about 1/4 km down river lol. Hope it works for ya, and keep the reports coming.