Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Water Fishable (as of 5:30pm February 4th)  (Read 2067 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Water Fishable (as of 5:30pm February 4th)
« on: February 04, 2005, 05:55:08 PM »

Some people would not like me posting this report in wanting the river to theirselves but I feel they are in the minority and for those that can only fish on the weekends I feel it is only fair.

After the report of mud this morning on the Vedder I would have thought things would stay that way for a bit however...... I just checked the visibility at 5:30 at Lickman and lo and behold it has cleared up to nearly 2 feet!!!! ;D ;D plenty fishable. I hope those that had planned to fish tomorrow and then changed plans because of our report can change them back again. Tell the better half it was CG report that changed them so he says it is ok to change them again. ;D ;D Does that make sense?

Although this report comes with a warning things could change overnight because of the slide situation so the final decison is yours. We only try to only go during the week but I may be tempted as one day with no fishing pressure it can be good. I told the Master of the improvement and he is going, darn, 5 less fish for us. ;D ;D

You heard it f........,  no not going there again. ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: February 04, 2005, 06:58:06 PM by Rodney »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: Water Fishable
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2005, 06:04:52 PM »

Thanks for the heads up CG. 

With the water going from blown to fishable in a matter of hours, i'd imagine the river is very rain sensitive right now. Maybe those freezing levels coming down will help out.  ;D
Yes when outside at dark it wass cooling down somewhat and when I talked to Nick he related there is snow on the mountains again. Good for the skiers. ;D Here we thought winter was over.

I had thought of going to the Chehailis tomorrow but I hear it did not come up much.

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
Re: Water Fishable (as of 5:30pm February 4th)
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2005, 07:44:52 PM »

oh this is really good to hear, because I have my fishing clinic with Peter tomorrow and anything that can help contribute to a fish is what i need.
The Bigger The Better!

steelieman

• Fish On!!!!
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2005, 07:51:58 PM »

Thank You Chris for bringing up my hope again for Sunday. I was at Lickman this morning and it was just mud. I tried up river and found it too crowded and it was getting a bit murky too.

So, I drove all the way to Chehalis and lo and behold, the hatchey has no water!!! How do they expect any fish to move up to the hatchery??? I tried the Easter Seal Run but did not see or touch anything. Water was perfect colour there.

norm_2

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2005, 07:59:44 PM »

Chris, thanks for reporting the latest.  I am one of those who can only fish on the weekends.  I hope to meet you one of these days.
Norm

Last Cast

• Live to Fish ~ Fish to Live
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2005, 08:10:43 PM »

oh this is really good to hear, because I have my fishing clinic with Peter tomorrow and anything that can help contribute to a fish is what i need.

BigFisher, if your being guided by THE Pete MacPherson I predict you WILL be into your first Steelie tomorrow sometime ;).  He's right up there with the best.  In any event, good luck, and enjoy your special day.  Look forward to reading your report.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2005, 09:19:24 PM »

Take lots of good notes and share them with us !  ;) Good luck tomorrow

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2005, 09:45:33 PM »

Darn rain falling again but is 7 degrees so should be snowing in there hills so hopefully will be ok tomorrow.

Athezone

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2005, 09:27:22 AM »

Thank's Chris, I'm heading out to the Vedder in about an hour or so to enjoy this beautiful day and to land my first hatchery of the
year. Only been out twice so far and lost one and let go a wild so today hopefully the fish God's will tap me on the shoulder and say "Today's your day". :D I'm very grateful for the information concerning the river conditions as it is a somewhat long drive from home and I have had a few times where after that drive I found the river unfishable which is a huge downer.  :'( Thank's to people like Chris and many others on this board that does'nt happen as much, thank's guy's. Well, time to prepare for the hunt. Good Fishing All. :)