Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 1st 2005 Vedder River Cleanup Summary  (Read 7945 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: 1st 2005 Vedder River Cleanup Summary
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2005, 10:23:49 PM »

Thanks lowtech for taking part. The story you related is part of the Adopt a River Program as we hope when others see our volunteers picking up garbage they will pitch in and help. As welll maybe some others will think twice about throwing stuff down along the river and the parking areas.

Another dream of the CVRCC directors is for other groups to do the same thing on others rivers across BC like we have on the Chilliwack/Vedder River.

I know they had a cleanup on the Coquitlam and the Cowichan a while back but I donot know it they got another one going. I also heard some anglers were trying to get one going this weekend on the Alouette.

It takes a lot of work of course and dedication to organize a committed group of directors to make it happen and keep it going which we are so lucky to have. As well we have a great core of volunteers and many sponsors that come out and support us. Without them we would not be able to accomplish what we have in the last 2 plus years and I must not forget our great web page maintained by Rodney.

Thanks again for coming out and we hope to see you again on April 23 at our next cleanup. Please mark it on your calender.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2005, 10:27:16 PM by chris gadsden »

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2005, 01:20:48 PM »

sorry i was un-able to make it...had to work  :-X

i was wondering if you guys have considerd applying for a government grant, or have already done so?

We are funded by FOC and support is also coming from the City of Chilliwack and Fraser Valley Regional District.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2005, 07:39:53 PM »

sorry i was un-able to make it...had to work  :-X

i was wondering if you guys have considerd applying for a government grant, or have already done so?
If it is on a Saturday I ould try to attend. I hope you can get it going and it would be great if you could follow the same route as CVRCC as it would then make at least two other rivers with Adopt a River Program. Does any one else know if there is other groupgs maintaining litter pickup stewardships programs on a ongoing basis in the Province.

With the CVRCC booth at the Sportsman show we hope to spread the word how worth while this type of projects are.

It would be excellent if every fishing forum would take a river under their wing so to speak. However as I said earlier it takes a lot of work to make it successful.

In Chilliwack we have a lot of anglers that fish the river all the time and do not even bother to come to our cleanups which I guess is their choice but makes one wonder why they choose not to help preserve the river they seem to enjoy so much. ::)