Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Calling for help from Richmond  (Read 2069 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Calling for help from Richmond
« on: January 27, 2005, 01:36:49 AM »

If you live in Richmond, and are as bored as me, then read on. :)

Each year, as many of you already know, I put on a festival called Fish for the Future in Steveston during Fathers Day Weekend. The festival involves kids fishing, various clinics and games, and the theme involves fishing, outdoor, nature and conservation.

During the event, kids can come and fish for free (tackle, bait all provided). They can tie a few flies, learn how to flycast, draw pictures, watch fish in aquariums, collect stickers, stamps, posters and various other handouts, win draw prizes, etc.

The event is a lot of fun, but it also takes a lot of work to do, especially when I have been doing most of the organizational work alone. The last two events, I did sponsorship, meetings with city, collecting equipment, bookings, etc. The end result was very tiring, and we ran out of time to promote at schools around Richmond. So, again, this year, I am hoping some of you, members or non-members, would like to lend a hand to make this event run smoothly.

We need people to go to stores to request for sponsorship, collect prizes. We need people phone up various groups who like to attend the event. Most importantly, we need people to promote... ie. going to community centers and schools to put up posters, come up with various new ideas to promote, etc.

If you are not into the organizational work, we also need people to volunteer on the day (June 18). We need people to host flytying clinics, flycasting clinics, setup (tents, tables and chairs), pick up equipment (tables and chairs), sell draw prize tickets, help kids to fish (tying up tackle, baiting etc), lots to do!

If you are interested, please send me an email or pm, and we will go from there. Thank you.

The event in 2003: http://www.fishingwithrod.com/articles/2003/0703_01.html