Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How do you define a "good fishing day"?  (Read 8664 times)

summersteel

• Old Timer
  • Nic nic.
    • citycentermassagetherapy
Re: How do you define a "good fishing day"?
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2004, 09:24:38 PM »

For me a great day is when my fishing buddies have done well also. The comraderie is the best part, you get to enjoy in the success of this tricky sport we have chosen. Recently with Rob and Steely there was a moment where we stopped and said- that was an awesome day!!  It's not quite as sweet when one person didn't do as well.
Fish on!

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2004, 11:44:45 AM »

I would rather bring home a picture than a slab of meat any day. But then again, I have to bring something home once in a while or I won't get the car. :P
Actions speak louder than words.

CAPTAIN BONK

• Old Timer
  • THERE'S NO HEAD BETTER THEN STEELHEAD !
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2004, 12:30:08 PM »

I DEFINE A GOOD DAY OF FISHING WHEN I GET TO THE RIVER BY FIRST LIGHT, WHEN IM NOT HUNG OVER, CROWDED BY BEAKS, OBVIOUSLY CATCH FISH, AND HIT THE RIVER WITHOUT A HANG OVER !  ;D

sassyboy

• Mining for Chrome
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2004, 04:19:48 PM »

To me just seeing someone land a nice fish usually makes my day. I have caught my fair share of fish, but even days when I do not get one, there is nothing like seeing a nice Steelie being landed by another fisherperson on the river. THAT! sums it all up for me. What a joy  :P :) ;D

coffeegrinder

• Is it a Coho!, I can't see.
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2004, 11:08:57 AM »

I like nothing better than hopping in my rv come friday , head to the river of my choice ,pick a spot at the campground , or any other place I can hunker down for the night . Fire up the furnace ,sit and tie some hooks , have a nihgt cap . Get up at first light ,hot coffee in hand , step outside the camper ,take a giant breeth of fresh air to help wake up . Hit the river and have a great time . After a good few hours go have a nice hot lunch and go back and hit the river for the afternoon , come back and have a nice hot dinner Fish in hand.  ;D Tie some more hooks get up the next mornin and do it again .