Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Question  (Read 5650 times)

ffisherman

• Hunting The Big Rainbows In Dragon Lake
Question
« on: October 19, 2004, 10:07:44 PM »

http://www.supplementscanada.com/popeyes/probuilt-testostrogain-info.html

Is this a steroid? i'm doing research for a friend whos into body buiding.

Redeye

• I'm a llama!
Re: Question
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2004, 01:16:38 PM »

There are two basic types of steroid.  The glucocorticoid steroid (corticosteroid) and the anabolic steroid.  The first one is used commonly to reduce inflammation.  the second type is used for body building.  I'm assuming that you are more concerned about the anabolic steroid.

First the definition of an ANABOLIC STEROID: a hormone (e.g., testosterone, oxandrolone) that promotes the synthesis of proteins and the building of muscle mass.

Looking at the ingredients of the bottle you are asking about... most of the ingredients are extracts from berries and roots.

Also in the description it says that it is for "Boosting testosterone levels" NOT the addition of testosterone.

I believe that this product will/claims that it will help your body produce more of the hormone testosterone naturally (or as natural as you can get by taking supplemets) so I would have to say that this is not an anabolic steroid.

Besides this site is a very large national distributor.  I highly doubt they would openly advertise the sale of anabolic steroids.

I'm sorry for the long winded response.  I just wanted to explain why.

There is also another steroid...

ANDROGENIC STEROID: a hormone (e.g., testosterone, androsterone) that has masculinizing effects, including stimulation of the male reproductive organs and development of male secondary sex characteristics.

But I don't think he's looking for that one...   ;)

« Last Edit: October 20, 2004, 01:22:45 PM by Redeye »

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
Re: Question
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2004, 01:49:56 PM »

I am a guy who has taken many supplements from Androstenedionne to creatine and on and on. Never used steroids though. That is not a steroid but a testosterone booster. I have tried a few boosters but most have not given me results. The best supplement is protein and creatine. Thats all I use nowadays. It all depends on his goals. If his goal is to increase strength and size I suggest he use creatine and protein. When taking protein to gain size he should take 1.5 grams of protein per pound of body weight like me I am 235lbs and I take around 350 grams of protein per day eating about 6 meals a day (no including my protein shakes and bars) If you need any more information just ask.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family