Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: sage vps?  (Read 7846 times)

Sandy

• Old Timer
sage vps?
« on: October 17, 2004, 02:09:03 PM »

A friend has offerd me a Sage VPS 9' #5.Is this a good rod for bank or lake fishing ? anyone had one before, bit leery of sage due to a past warenty dispute.
finding your limits is fun, it can also be VERY painful.

If you care about Canada's future, get involved by holding your MLA's & MP's accountable!! don't just be sheep!!

FLYallAROUND

• Getzlaf is amazing
Re: sage vps?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2004, 06:42:12 PM »

5 wt is a versitile rod. Great for Rainbow, Dolly, Cutthroat and Bass. It would be good for Lake and River fishing. It would be a little to light for the Salmonids though. The Sage rod is very nice and the warranty is great. I haven't herd of many warranty problems.
A medium-fast action rod, can only imagine how nicely it casts.
The link to info about the rod:
http://www.sageflyfish.com/sage_products/vpsSeries.shtml

Steelhead King

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2004, 12:06:28 AM »

before i found my RPL+, VPS was my first choice for the 5wt.  test cast it a few times, great rod, lots of power, can punch some line against the wind.   It would be a great rod for rainbow, cutties, pinks and coho. if the price is right, you should get it. and if i remeber correctly, the tag price for the VPS 590 is around $329. 

Sandy

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2004, 04:39:53 PM »

I guess someone elses hardship is my luck ( he needed the cash to go on a hunting trip),I bought the rod today,anyone have a good idea on how to break the news to the Mrs.???  :o

If you care about Canada's future, get involved by holding your MLA's & MP's accountable!! don't just be sheep!!

reach

• Yard work can wait.
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2004, 06:27:47 PM »

You could say he had a whole whack of gear for sale at crazy cheap prices - pontoon boats, motors, rods, reels, you name it... but you were a very good boy and limited yourself to just one rod.   Could have been much worse.   ;)

Koho

• I'm an alpaca!
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2004, 08:58:41 PM »

I guess someone elses hardship is my luck ( he needed the cash to go on a hunting trip),I bought the rod today,anyone have a good idea on how to break the news to the Mrs.???  :o

LOL  ;D  I always tell the wife that everything is about $50-75 even though some things are more than that  :(.  That seems to be her acceptable point.  Anything above, and she'll  >:(....

Or else... I just bought a $150 gift certificate to a spa for her b-day.  That means I get to spend that amount too for mine! 
"I'm having fish tonight!"  -Bruce, the Shark in Finding Nemo.

Sandy

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2004, 06:28:33 PM »

Hey guys and Gals,
If your buddy is going to sell you a rod or tackle for a good deal,make sure that he dosn't tell his wife what it sold for.especialy if the "wives" talk to each other.
I know now what a coho hooked on light tackle feels like,I've been on the hook for the last two days. :'( :'(