Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Nets in the Fraser  (Read 3176 times)

frank Kwak

• I'm a llama!
Nets in the Fraser
« on: September 08, 2004, 06:21:19 PM »

I recognize that the fishery is over for salmon on the Fraser River for the moment however many of you are still out and about.
You might be sturgeon fishing or taking your relatives from Alberta out on a joy ride on the Fraser.  You might even be going up the Fraser to get into the Harrison.

If you are out and about and see any nets could you please let me know.  
 We will be having a meeting on Sept. 20th. with Geoff Regan and will use all the information collected this summer from the SDA and FVSS record report books.  However we still have a huge concern for nets fishing on Interior Fraser Coho stocks.  
If you see nets please record the date, time and location as well as someone else who might be with you or near you that will verify the event.
I have been given permission to do some fly overs and only live 2 blocks from the airport.  So if everything works just right I might even be able to get these nets on video.
Further I would suggest that you phone the violations hot line even after you get home if you do not have a cell available.  
I am not sure how you get a hold of me but maybe Rodney would have some advise as to how to do this.  Remember it is remotely possible that a net might just be a ceremonial net allowed because of a funeral or wedding but they should be few and far between.
Thanks for your help
Frank