Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Broken Rod  (Read 7400 times)

Canadian Anglerz

Broken Rod
« on: March 16, 2024, 09:28:40 PM »

Hi All,

Had one of those days, would have been better if I just stayed home.

Never trout fished since I moved to BC so I thought I give it a try today as I had some time, ended up breaking my rod.

1. Where around Mission can I get my rod fixed, if it can be.
2. Looking for suggestions/recommendations on a UL trout combo.

Wasn't sure how to attach a photo of the broken rod, can I even do that.

Thanks,

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
Re: Broken Rod
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2024, 10:42:20 PM »

Oh sorry to hear about your rod. We all break them from time to time. There are a few rod builders here (such as Dave) who may offer advice. If the rod wasn't too expensive it might be better to buy a new one. Some rods have a warranty for breakage so you check that out.

To post a photo requires you load the picture to a a website like Imgur.com and then link it using the insert image icon 1st on the 2nd row just above the emoticons.

it would look like img http://weblink.com/picturename.jpg/img with img code in square brackets []

Just select the icon to get img /img and copy and paste the url of the photo.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2024, 11:56:11 AM by RalphH »
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Darko

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2024, 10:26:37 AM »

I don't know of any quality UL combos. I have a 7 foot UL Shakespeare rod I got on amazon ~3 years ago and have caught many trout on it and it is a super light and fun rod to use. I paid about 56$ i believe on sale (Amazon). Some other options are Daiwa presso and 13 fishing has some UL rods. I have an 11 ft Daiwa Presso 2-6 lb and its really good quality and I can land pinks on it no problem. I paid about 110$ on amazon, but its very rare to find a rod with those specs but I would say definitely worth it.  The extra length helps a lot when bank fishing. The shake sphere rod seems to not be available anymore. For the reel honestly any 1000 series reel is good, the price you pay after a certain point will only change how pleasant it is to look at.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1046409920034375/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A59cd5bc3-141c-44e4-bbbf-6b38cbc0a772

This looks like a pretty good deal on Facebook if you don't mine the 5'6 length.
if you ain't fishin, you ain't livin

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2024, 12:01:59 PM »

To post a photo requires you load the picture to a a website like Imgur.com and then link it using the insert image icon 1st on the 2nd row just above the emoticons.

it would look like img http://weblink.com/picturename.jpg/img with img code in square brackets []

Just select the icon to get img /img and copy and paste the url of the photo.

there is some help on loading images using bbcode (bulletin board code) here: https://www.bbcode.org/posting-images-with-bbcode.php
« Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 10:14:23 PM by RalphH »
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Roderick

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2024, 08:59:24 PM »

I feel for ya buddy.  Those days when nothing goes right can be pretty awful.   I have broken many rods over the years, especially when I was first getting in to it.  And almost never in the same way twice.  Finally, after over 15 years of consistent fishing I now feel comfortable buying a more expensive rod.  I have one Fenwick HMX past it's 5 year warranty and I almost don't want to use it lol.
You shoulda been here yesterday.

salmonrook

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2024, 07:23:02 PM »

Looking around this site
They have a buy and sell section and I think Rod the moderator/owner has some rods for sale