Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: steelheading in Washington  (Read 2151 times)

fish4

steelheading in Washington
« on: January 30, 2024, 09:34:58 AM »

My son and I are considering steelheading in Washington, if anyone can recommend a guide service we would appreciate,
We fish the Stamp annually but looking a change for one trip.
Thanks

Wiseguy

• Old Timer
Re: steelheading in Washington
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2024, 06:29:43 PM »

Check out the Sol Duc river on the Olympic Peninsula. JD Love Guide service. Not sure if JD is retired yet. Been several years since I did a trip over there.

wallygator24

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2024, 10:01:42 PM »

Hey Fish4, I have buddy thats a guide on the Olympic Peninsula.  He mainly fishes the Solduc, Hoh, Calawah, and the Bogachiel Rivers.  Look up River Valley Rafts and his name is Mitchell Boyce. He will put you on fish.  He will give you your moneys worth as far a full day of fishing.  Here's a link to their website: https://www.rivervalleyrafts.com/guided-trips.  Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2024, 10:33:22 PM by wallygator24 »

Silex-user

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2024, 04:15:36 PM »

Skagit and Sauk rivers is opening a rec. fishery this Saturday. You can retain 2 hatchery steelheads. I fished a lot in Washington state. My favorite rivers are Wynoochee ( its closed again this season) and Kalama for steelheads. The Cowlitz river around Blue creek is awesome winter steelhead fishery at end of March and early April. I have never seen so many hatchery steelheads being caught before. The OP rivers are good too although I never fished there before. I hear through the Washington state steelheaders  that you can hire a native guide and fish on tribal rivers like the  part Quinault nation waters and the Salmon river for monster steelheads.

There are many river and creeks I fished not only for steelheads but other fishes. Opportunities are endless there.....Jetties fishing on West port for Black cod, ling cods and Red tail surf perch. Razor clam digging.
End of May Bonneville dam Shad fishery. No limit or size limit. Looking forward again this May and June. Early January keeper sturgeon on Columbia river. Market squid fishery around Metro Seattle piers. 10 lbs limit. Done many times.

Silex user