Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: George Yue Memorial Derby  (Read 2971 times)

Silex-user

George Yue Memorial Derby
« on: January 17, 2024, 03:15:14 PM »

There be George Yue Memorial Derby be held this January 21 on Vedder river in memory of my late brother. Cost is $35.00 and there prizes for hatchery steelheads and raffle prizes will be drawn too. I believed  its 50% chance to win the raffle prizes. Prizes are locally donated from Fishing stores.Brother George is well know in fishing community. For more  information  contact Scott Clarke on Facebook. Weighted in place is at Dog Park by Vedder river bridge. Derby ends at 3:00 p.m.

I be there fishing and introduced myself to fishing communities.

James

Silex user

joska

• Old Timer
Re: George Yue Memorial Derby
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2024, 08:31:10 AM »

Did the weigh in get moved to thompson park?
If you don't like the fish you're catching... change the bait!!

Silex-user

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2024, 12:01:47 PM »

Yes the weight in is going to be at Thompson park. I thought it was at Dog park. Hope everybody stay safe and have fun time. Yes I be at Vedder river probably socially more than fishing.

Silex user

iblly

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2024, 11:15:00 AM »

Any fish caught ?

Darko

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2024, 01:10:49 PM »

Any fish caught ?
4 total, biggest was 10 lb 10 oz, I wanted to go but couldn't make it. They have a facebook group
if you ain't fishin, you ain't livin

Silex-user

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2024, 04:57:39 PM »

Hello everyone, it was great honour that 106 anglers participated in my late brother George Yue Memorial Steelhead derby. A big shout out to Scott Clarke for organizing this special event. Also, I would like said a big Thank You to all fishing stores and fishing Charter for generous Sponsorship in donating the prizes. All process money from the raffles and derby tickets sale went to Steelhead Societies of B.C in tune of $7,960.00.

It was also, a pleasure to meet and greet all the friends of my late brother George  whom came to me to offer their condolences and saddest in missing a great friend. To be honest I got very emotional by all this. I had to hold back my tears.

One particular person whom I haven't seen since he was working at Berry"s Bait was Scott Baker-Mcgara who is the Simms sale rep. He came up to me offer his condolence and we had good long chat. Scott was one who told me to try using pink worms before it got popular and told me don't tell anyone ;D  I would like to thank you Scott. My brother  and I did catch lots of winter and summer, Stamp river Fall run steelheads with it.

Although I didn't landed my steelhead that day, I lost it out middle of run, I did won CSO CP106MH rod with winning ticket number 41. I will always cherish this prized fishing rod as it will be hanging on wall in memory of my late brother George.

Enjoy the rest of steelhead season and see you out on the flow.

Silex user