Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: BC Salmon Restoration and Innovation Fund  (Read 4773 times)

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
Re: BC Salmon Restoration and Innovation Fund
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2024, 08:59:44 PM »

I understand the negative attitude some people have when looking at this. I personally want to look at it in a positive light and talk about it with my friends and family, praising the efforts being made in an attempt to make people realize the importance of it. I find people care more when they believe other people care. it can be used as a baseline when talking to folks out on the river who may not know about any of these projects and to then build off of "hey the project they did there might work here" there aren't enough government boots on the ground to see every inch of the river so to use our own network to hopefully work it's way back to them could be a good thing.  Maybe I'm being to optimistic but I like it better then the alternative.

Thanks, that's an inspiring way of looking at it!
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
Re: BC Salmon Restoration and Innovation Fund
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2024, 09:04:14 PM »

In your words, welfare bums

LOL!  Something on the order of 100,000 Ukrainian people  have died in Putin's war, more Russians, many more injured or refugees on both sides. What have you given up for some number of hatchery white springs?

"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.