Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dewdney Slough  (Read 1970 times)

Chinook

Dewdney Slough
« on: November 13, 2023, 02:19:29 PM »

Does anyone have a fishing report for Dwedney Slough?

canucksfan233

Re: Dewdney Slough
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2023, 08:55:56 PM »

went friday, caught one on 2nd cast, and left 45 mins later since it was pretty quiet. A lot of colored fish, but some chromers mixed in as well. Lots of jacks around as well if you're trying to fish for those.

Chinook

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2023, 08:52:54 AM »

Thank you. I want to take my grandkids out there soon. Never fished there before, do people mostly bar fish that area? Is there any spots where small kids( 4 and 6 years old) can fish comfortably? I know there is a lot of rocky banks out there that looks dangerous.

armytruck

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2023, 12:30:46 PM »

Been twice over the last few weeks . Nothing to report there . Very slow . Some fish moving in but no takers . As far as taking the kids , not to kid friendly . The bank is a bit sketchy with loose rock and once your down to the river then your into the muck at low tide or in between . Might be ok up river a bit farther off the highway . I haven't been up that way but it might be a little better for the youngsters .  just be aware of the little side channels off the main flow could be deeper than they look .
"Everyone ought to believe in something;  I believe I'll go fishing."

Chinook

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2023, 01:01:11 PM »

went friday, caught one on 2nd cast, and left 45 mins later since it was pretty quiet. A lot of colored fish, but some chromers mixed in as well. Lots of jacks around as well if you're trying to fish for those.

Do people mostly bar fish up there?

armytruck

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2023, 03:24:29 PM »

Mostly castings spoons , spinners or float drifting . Never seen anyone bar fishing . You could try at Kilby on the Harrison River . Nice sandy beach .

Wiseguy

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2023, 03:58:32 PM »

Steep rocky bank with loose rocks and lots of muck unless it’s high tide. Fell on my arse the other day as some loose rock gave way under my footing going down. Everyone casts spoons there. The fishing has been very slow of  late. It was good after the first big dump of rain we had 3 weeks ago now.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2023, 09:44:41 PM by Wiseguy »

canucksfan233

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2023, 05:27:37 PM »

Theres what I call the high bank spot which has a beach on the south side (or at least it did last year). Haven't been there this year, but pretty accessible once you get down to the riverbank. It's the first spot with a lot of parked cars on highway 7.

Woody Debris

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2023, 06:24:06 PM »

Mostly castings spoons , spinners or float drifting . Never seen anyone bar fishing . You could try at Kilby on the Harrison River . Nice sandy beach .

It used to be popular around the boat launch, they even moved the Boundary so people wouldn't while the Fraser was closed to salmon fishing.

still fishing bait has never been that effective at Kilby. I hate to say it but the coho season seems pretty much done. I've seldom seen it drop off this suddenly but it seems to be the case...que Rod with envy inducing photos...
« Last Edit: November 14, 2023, 06:29:21 PM by Woody Debris »
aka RalphH : Who are you? Personal Profile Reply #895

https://www.fishingwithrod.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=15.msg427645#msg427645

psd1179

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2023, 08:55:30 PM »

I have bar fishing there once. caught quite a few jack coho. no big ones though

armytruck

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2023, 07:17:44 AM »

I've caught Jacks as well at Kilby as well as Coho float drifting and slowly retrieving Colorado's . Its a great place to teach the kids to bar fish or casting without other anglers around to tangle with .

Chinook

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2023, 09:39:07 AM »

Thanks everyone.