Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Thanks  (Read 1491 times)

dave c

Thanks
« on: November 07, 2023, 11:36:29 AM »

I had a scary incident at Norrish on Sunday.  Was climbing down some rip-rap and lost my footing. I fell backwards and hit the back of my head on a large rock.  I was dazed and could feel the current taking my upper body.  I remember hearing people yelling from across the river.  2 gentlemen came to my aid, helped me back to shore and stayed with me until i got my cupcakes together.  Very Very thankful to all.  Be careful out there.

vancook

• Old Timer
Re: Thanks
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2023, 11:44:32 AM »

I had a scary incident at Norrish on Sunday.  Was climbing down some rip-rap and lost my footing. I fell backwards and hit the back of my head on a large rock.  I was dazed and could feel the current taking my upper body.  I remember hearing people yelling from across the river.  2 gentlemen came to my aid, helped me back to shore and stayed with me until i got my cupcakes together.  Very Very thankful to all.  Be careful out there.

Glad you're okay. It can happen so quickly.

I've had a few scary moments doing some questionable wading, fortunately my fishing buddy was there for me on multiple occasions. Forever thankful to them for that, unfortunately we no longer fish together. I prefer fishing with a friend than going solo.

bj23

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2023, 01:11:25 PM »

Take it easy out there, old timer.

coastangler

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2023, 01:46:57 PM »

Glad you are ok. Remember to watch for any symptoms and haste to the ER if you notice anything different. Head injuries can be dangerous. All the best
"It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves.”
Sir Edmund Hillary

roeman

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2023, 04:07:39 PM »

Search and Rescue was the on Saturday, couple of people got stranded when the water came up quickly..
Are you fishin or catchin

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2023, 06:25:46 PM »

Glad you are OK, Dave, and that other anglers were nearby to lend a hand.  Taking a rock shampoo at the water’s edge is a recipe for a drowning.