Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: English lake  (Read 3571 times)

danielk

English lake
« on: June 11, 2023, 08:39:02 PM »

So last weekend I went to my friends place on bridge lake.    To do some fishing on a few different lakes.     But we had a plan to hit up English!!!!!    Well sadly we didn’t make it.   But has anyone on this site made it to the lake. And how was the fishing ??? We found the one road in but it was quad only.  We beat the heck out of one truck trying to get it in !  I know there is 2 cabin on the lake but those roads are probably private and gated.     I just want some info if it’s worth bringing a quad and tow the on topper tiny with that ?    Lots of rumors about this lake

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
Re: English lake
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2023, 08:32:26 AM »

What I heard on this lake is 50 years old and was basically very good fishing for rainbows up to about 3lbs. Good fly fishing. Must be a wild fishery. At that time who ever owned the access allowed fisher people on request. Likely very different now. The story was much the same then as yours today- lots of rumors but very little solid info available. It probably all started with same guy.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2023, 08:52:25 AM by RalphH »
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

poper

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2023, 08:58:44 AM »

Did you try to get in off windy mt rd?

danielk

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2023, 11:50:17 AM »

Yes we tried windy.   We found what we think was the road in.  But our 4x4 was to big we almost took it out trying to get in.     The plan is to try again with a quad.  And small boat.   

armytruck

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2023, 10:01:12 AM »

Yes we tried windy.   We found what we think was the road in.  But our 4x4 was to big we almost took it out trying to get in.     The plan is to try again with a quad.  And small boat.   
Windy Mountain Road going past Needa Lake rec site as well as past the next rec site at Jim Creek . You come to the "Y" in the road , keep right and that leads to the lake . But you'd be best to have a TOPO map to get in without getting lost . I went there about 12 years ago when the brush was short and you could see approx . where you were heading and see lakes in between . I went again 10 years later and the poplar trees and brush grew so high your were in a totally different world . BTW , NEEDA Lake is good to . Lots of rainbow . Not huge fish but plenty . Very steep boat launch
"Everyone ought to believe in something;  I believe I'll go fishing."

danielk

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2023, 05:28:12 PM »

We stopped at needa. And that’s the way we went in we found the road in it’s just not doable in a truck 😂.    Lots of puke minow in needa.     French lake was also good we fished it for an hour got a few nothing big.   Released them all.   Then went to bowers.    That lake is so beautiful.   We fished it for 2 hours got a wicked sunburn and a couple 14”  fish also released them.     On our way home we stopped  at no name lake.  And got into some tanks.   That lake was Crystal  👀👀👀 clear 😎.  Hint hint

armytruck

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2023, 07:48:04 AM »

We stopped at needa. And that’s the way we went in we found the road in it’s just not doable in a truck 😂.    Lots of puke minow in needa.     French lake was also good we fished it for an hour got a few nothing big.   Released them all.   Then went to bowers.    That lake is so beautiful.   We fished it for 2 hours got a wicked sunburn and a couple 14”  fish also released them.     On our way home we stopped  at no name lake.  And got into some tanks.   That lake was Crystal  👀👀👀 clear 😎.  Hint hint
Ha, Gotcha  8). We nailed lots of 14s in Needa trolling wedding bands .  Another unknown lake around there we called it Teacup cause of the color of the water and had a blast with a lot of 12-14'' hard fighters out of our belly boats on the mayfly . Cool watching the tail slap the fly under water and take it . Seen a few black bears around camp , moose . One bear we saw coming out of the bush in the rear view mirror was huge , i guessed about 300 lbs. Much bigger that most black bear we seen hanging around . Funny because we were just out of the truck looking for the camp site that's down from the windy mountain road to Needa Lake . Couldn't get down there cause of all the blown down poplar trees across the small road in . as soon as we left , got in the truck a seen this monster come out from where we just walked out of  :o
"Everyone ought to believe in something;  I believe I'll go fishing."

danielk

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2023, 08:12:29 AM »

Lucky. About the bears.  I always have my riffle and a tag.     But sadly I never see bears when I have a riffle haha.    I’m going to stop bringing a riffle when I go.  And see if I see bears hahah

danielk

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2024, 10:32:35 PM »

Hey bringing this back. Only about English lake.  It’s been a hot minute but finally I get a chance to sled to English 👍 if we get something I’ll post pics.    The rumors on this lake are still haunting me :) if it’s bad. At least I get to sled around