Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stump Lake  (Read 1928 times)

armytruck

• Old Timer
Stump Lake
« on: May 13, 2023, 10:25:32 AM »

Word up  >:(
I read that the access to Stump Rec site will be closed due to road upgrades until June 30th. Has anyone else have any info about this ?. Bad time of season to cut off camping in prime season !.I know there are boat launches on the highway side but . As for camping , this takes another turn .
"Everyone ought to believe in something;  I believe I'll go fishing."

danielk

Re: Stump Lake
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2023, 04:37:40 PM »

Can’t you just go up the mine road or the old kamloops road to access the lake ?

Old Blue

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2023, 09:32:12 AM »

It's been planned for a long time, notices have been making their way around for a few months

armytruck

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2023, 12:47:48 PM »

It's been planned for a long time, notices have been making their way around for a few months
There is another way in however you need a high clearance vehicle to access. Not accessible pulling a trailer . Have to do day trips from base camp elsewhere.

redside1

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2023, 04:40:38 PM »

a quick google gives you your answer. Site is closed because they have not finished building it yet, nothing to due with the road.
no other way in if the site is closed. Access from the end of Planet mince road will most likely be closed off also.

http://www.sitesandtrailsbc.ca/search/search-result.aspx?site=REC5885&type=Site

armytruck

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2023, 07:24:41 AM »

Quote from: redside1 link : : ::)=topic=44955.msg425503#msg425503 date=1684194038
a quick google gives you your answer. Site is closed because they have not finished building it yet, nothing to due with the road.
no other way in if the site is closed. Access from the end of Planet mince road will most likely be closed off also.

http://www.sitesandtrailsbc.ca/search/search-result.aspx?site=REC5885&type=Site
Thanks redside1. , I did google that government site but couldn’t narrow in on it . Of course I spent an hour or so looking only to see you already posted . Have to go there in the fall and see how the site turned out.

redside1

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2023, 07:47:05 AM »

I was in there at Easter and it was looking very nice. The road from the Peterhope lake turnoff was smooth.
There was cattleguards installed where there use to be gates. A brand new road built into the site. A brand new fishing dock was installed late last year. Good looking boat ramp. The actual campsites where just being built then. I can see it becoming a very busy place once finished with all the kokanee and trout fishing that happens in the lake. Truck and boat trailer parking looks to be the one thing not finished yet and I didn't see a sport where that was going to happen