Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rant - New PST rules on Used Vehicles - BC Tax Grab  (Read 8935 times)

SuperBobby

Re: Rant - New PST rules on Used Vehicles - BC Tax Grab
« Reply #60 on: May 29, 2023, 08:55:42 AM »

I see the Kool-Aid is still flowing faster than the mighty Fraser.

SuperBobby

« Reply #61 on: May 29, 2023, 09:30:42 AM »

The bigger question is it fair or equitable.

I'm not going to argue with your other points because you won't listen anyways..... but here is some first hand information that I have got from more than one ICBC employee.
So it is first hand information from more than one source. Should be good enough for even you Ralph....right?

They use Book 1 to value taxation
They use Book 2 to value CLAIMs.
And Book 1 and 2 don't match up in numbers....

One example given to me by an ICBC employee was the make, year, model, and condition (similar KMs) were exactly same....with less than a thousand dollars difference in options.

The taxation value on vehicle 1 was just a hair under $40 k.
The same make, model, year, and condition (similar KMs) came in a week later by someone else for a CLAIM.
The claim amount paid to the customer was approx. $35500
It is no secret that even ICBC employees admit that their is one value for taxes and another value (lesser) for claims. It's not even arguable. There are 2 books that each have different prices at ICBC.

Another employee admitted to me that it can be a struggle to work for ICBC. He told me that all the employees there know that the corruption is so deep that it's hard to go home at night with any integrity about their jobs. But there are also some that just bury their heads in the sand and collect their paycheck. This is first hand information...

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #62 on: May 29, 2023, 12:39:20 PM »

Robert, Gee! I really don't know what point you are making other than you talked with 2 people who work with ICBC  who told you there are at least 2 different ways to value a vehicle. I think that's already been discussed above re; the Black book and the blue book of vehicle valuation.

Carfax, Autotrader  also have valuation tables on line. Entering the info for one of my vehicles Carfax indicates the 'sell' value in a private sale as 9,000 to 11,000 vs Autotraders range of 13,000 to 15,000. Quite a range between the 2 let alone within their own estimate.

As far as corruption does are you familiar with the expression :" You keep using that work I don't think it means what you think it means." 

BTW I know people who work at ICBC too.

I know your mind won't change. I have no interest in changing it. I can change my mind. Once quite some years ago I defended your intelligence. I wouldn't do that now.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

SuperBobby

« Reply #63 on: May 29, 2023, 01:45:53 PM »

Robert, Gee! I really don't know what point you are making other than you talked with 2 people who work with ICBC  who told you there are at least 2 different ways to value a vehicle. I think that's already been discussed above re; the Black book and the blue book of vehicle valuation.

Carfax, Autotrader  also have valuation tables on line. Entering the info for one of my vehicles Carfax indicates the 'sell' value in a private sale as 9,000 to 11,000 vs Autotraders range of 13,000 to 15,000. Quite a range between the 2 let alone within their own estimate.

As far as corruption does are you familiar with the expression :" You keep using that work I don't think it means what you think it means." 

BTW I know people who work at ICBC too.

I know your mind won't change. I have no interest in changing it. I can change my mind. Once quite some years ago I defended your intelligence. I wouldn't do that now.

Like I said, I can't stop you from drinking the Kool-Aid, but even you can't deny that if I buy a used Toyota Tacoma for $35000....get taxed for $38000 (according to BOOK 1), smash it up 2 weeks later and only get $33000 for the claim amount (BOOK 2).....come on Ralph.....even a lefty like you has to be able to see corruption with this.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #64 on: May 29, 2023, 04:11:37 PM »

I think you need to read the Global news story you posted again. I think you need to read the standard dictionary definition of corrupt (as an adjective or a verb) again. I think you need to check how the auto insurance industry pays claims. They basically all pay the same way. You also don't seem to be aware that this is nothing new. They don't payout what it costs to buy an equivalent vehicle of the same make etc. It's been that way for decades. i don't the government or the courts have been able to change it.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

SuperBobby

« Reply #65 on: May 29, 2023, 04:31:10 PM »

They don't payout what it costs to buy an equivalent vehicle of the same make etc.

So at least you see this....therefore you agree that they don't pay out what it costs to buy an equivalent vehicle of the same make, but you are perfectly ok with them taxing me on a higher value than what I actually paid....and then....you tell me that I don't know the definition of 'corrupt'? Are you kidding me?
Ralphy....I am trying to have a serious conversation with you but it's clear that the matrix got you and we know which color pill you took.

Roderick

« Reply #66 on: May 29, 2023, 09:23:11 PM »

Seriously SuperBobby, instead of coming on a fishing website to rant, you should write a letter to your MLA outlining your concerns and your proposed solution.  The more letters they get the more likely they will do something.  But go easy on the corruption claims... because they will either laugh and delete your email or sue you for libel.  Or better yet run for office so you can make the changes yourself. 

Good luck with your rabbit hole. 
You shoulda been here yesterday.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #67 on: May 30, 2023, 07:33:15 AM »

Seriously SuperBobby, instead of coming on a fishing website to rant, you should write a letter to your MLA outlining your concerns and your proposed solution.  The more letters they get the more likely they will do something.  But go easy on the corruption claims... because they will either laugh and delete your email or sue you for libel.  Or better yet run for office so you can make the changes yourself. 

Good luck with your rabbit hole.

Amen & +1.

Time to turn superbobby off.