Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: FFSBC announces funded Freshwater Fisheries projects for 2021/22 and 2022/23  (Read 1626 times)

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

clarki

• Old Timer

Thanks for the link, Ralph. A variety of interesting projects and good to see where our license fees are being put to use.

It's interesting that the regional funding allocations are not per capita. Meaning the most populous region has the lowest investment.

Also, not included in this funding are the smaller projects that receive funding under the Native Trout Stewardship Initiative.

psd1179

• Old Timer

Thanks for the link, Ralph. A variety of interesting projects and good to see where our license fees are being put to use.

It's interesting that the regional funding allocations are not per capita. Meaning the most populous region has the lowest investment.

Also, not included in this funding are the smaller projects that receive funding under the Native Trout Stewardship Initiative.

I have watched one video. The recreation fishing is aimed to help the rural area economy.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry

On the face of it the money allocated for projects in the Lower mainland are ridiculously low but there may be other structural reasons for that other than focusing economic development in rural areas. Maybe it's just a lack of interest from LM angling and conversation groups? The Island gets lake fertilization projects and SRC habitat recovery. I'd think both would be very desirable in the LM.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

clarki

• Old Timer

I have watched one video. The recreation fishing is aimed to help the rural area economy.
Thanks. I missed the video.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry

what is the link to the video?

psd1179

• Old Timer

what is the link to the video?

Probably not specific but check
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=my4-Syn8IFc at 10:15

interesting to see how tunkwa looks like a while ago. Lets see how long will it grow back green trees after the fire.

coastangler

Thanks for the links and the info. Regarding the "Restoring salmon migratory channel in the Seymour River" should this not be funded by the DFO since salmon are usually on a federal jurisdiction? Hopefully there will be again a substantial salmon run in this river, or at least with similar numbers and angling opportunities than the Capilano
"It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves.”
Sir Edmund Hillary

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry

the video is over 5 years old and the comments aren't specific to the Fisheries Project Program.