Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Glaciers, the salmon safety net, are disappering  (Read 3652 times)

ribolovac02

Re: Glaciers, the salmon safety net, are disappering
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2023, 09:29:55 PM »

We sure are all smart on a fishing forum , including myself , most of us , posting under fake names , again including myself , but our world is facing crises most of us would never be able to resolve  .

We could possibly chime in and help if we want to , but our attitude needs to change drastically to accomplish that .

stsfisher

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2023, 11:16:22 AM »

Damn, we’re all doomed… time to sell my Fishing with Rod stocks.
Might want to hold on to them stocks Rod. If history repeats its self, Fishing with Rod will remain the hot spot for all things non fishing with stocks going through the roof in the future if they haven't already......

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2023, 04:43:51 PM »

Maybe DFO is the root of the problem......

https://vancouversun.com/business/local-business/who-gets-to-fish-for-b-c-salmon-in-the-future

DFO is making the glaciers melt?

This is an old issue. DFO has done 3 or 4 license buy backs over the last 50 to 60 years. Each time  more of the remaining licensees are in fewer hands. It has to do with what is structurally wrong with the salmon fishing industry. Not enough fish and the boats and technology have become too expensive for the average fishermen to  afford. Similar problems in farming (not fish farming). Agribusiness vs the family farm and just as old.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2023, 07:42:33 AM by RalphH »
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.