Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: boat loaders  (Read 1551 times)

roeman

boat loaders
« on: May 04, 2022, 04:26:27 PM »

Anyone know what type of bolts to use on the forward part of the boat.  The back just hooks onto the handles but the front ones I can't seem to find a good pic to see hows its done..  Just a simple eye bolt from hardware store... Seems like it would just pull right through because the sides are so thin...Thanks
Are you fishin or catchin

salmonid

Re: boat loaders
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2022, 12:45:47 PM »

for attaching to the trailer? i use transom tiedowns (hook at the gunnal) on the bow, stern and sides.

Spawn Sack

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2022, 06:26:02 PM »

Anyone know what type of bolts to use on the forward part of the boat.  The back just hooks onto the handles but the front ones I can't seem to find a good pic to see hows its done..  Just a simple eye bolt from hardware store... Seems like it would just pull right through because the sides are so thin...Thanks

Stainless eye bolts on each side at the front (inside) of the boat. If you find your hull is too thin/bendy you'll need to add some sort of backing on either side of your hull around the hole the bolt goes through. I had mine done by Load-It in the lower mainland. Looks like he used a super thick washer on both side of the hull. However, I still need to make sure I don't over tighten the ropes or the winch will pull the sides of my boat in.
Also, keep in mind that the front eye bolts should not just be mounted "anywhere" around the bow. I'm not sure how the installers figure it out, but it has to do with the tip point or something like that. Installer used a formula or similar. Although I just paid the guy to set up my loader and boat, I do still have the manual that tells you how to set it up yourself. I could find it if you like. I'm in Chilliwack.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2022, 08:57:05 AM by Spawn Sack »

roeman

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2022, 08:05:29 PM »

thanks.  I got in touch with Glen, he is is Mission and owns Load It.  He had the eye bolts and directions to install...
Really nice dealing with a local person when purchasing something
Are you fishin or catchin

Spawn Sack

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2022, 04:21:54 PM »

Not a problem. Glen was the guy who I dealt with as well. Great guy and great service. IMO Load-It is a better product and better service than dealing with 4boys/Cap-it.