Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Indian arm  (Read 6308 times)

scalper66

• here fishy fishy
Indian arm
« on: August 13, 2004, 11:45:14 PM »

hey guys, so i just bought my first boat and i am right by indian arm and i was wondering if there is anything of good size up there to catch? if there is id love to no how to target them thnx
« Last Edit: August 16, 2004, 10:38:02 PM by Rodney »

oddjob

• woof woof
Re:Indain arm
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2004, 11:18:06 AM »

hey scalper..must be nice to own a boat, how big is it? Now inregards to fishing the buntzen power housr use to have red snappers. I am talking 5 years min.We use to use whole herring as bait and drop it the bottom ,the depth is close to 100 meters . Drop it slowly or the bait will wrap around the main line and you willnot catch a thing. We were getting some in 15 pound range. Durring the odd years the mouth of the indian river is good for pinks  however there is a buffer zone around the mouth so you must stay a certain distance from the mouth. A round the wigwam inn i have caught rock fish. good luck with the new boat.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2004, 11:34:34 AM »

I hear it's good for crabbing

otto

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2004, 01:36:26 PM »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

scalper66

• here fishy fishy
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2004, 12:06:13 AM »

so we took the boat out for the first time :-* but then we hit some big waves and its a small 12 foot fg and it got completly filled to the rim with water so we were going down then as we were rushing into shore the engine fell of the back of the boat!!!!! we managed to retain it but now it wont start so im not sure if we will ever make it there

otto

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2004, 01:53:40 AM »

yo Scalper66, if the engine fell into the water it may be filled with salt water, causing problems with electrical and mechanical.

rinse the entire engine ASAP with freshwater (HOT). worry about the engine damage from submersion later, right now you gotta get all that salt water out. once you rinse the engine (use hot water!!!) let it dry and then spray with WD40 (entire engine, everywhere), will prevent further corrosion.

next , remove the spark plugs (all of them). crank the engine over or turn by hand, so any water in the pistons comes out. spray some oil into the spark plug holes once this in done.

check all electrical connections. also check condenser and coil. if wet, blast out water with electrical cleaner. if there is an air filter box, remove filter and replace with new one.

change oil (if 4 stroke with oil sump). replace with cheap 5w30 from crappy tire and let flow thru the engine. drain again completely and refill with correct grade of marine oil.

attempt to fire it up, may take awhile to burn out oil in piston chamber.

if all else fails, you can take it to a service center, may be pricey .

cheers

OTTO

scalper66

• here fishy fishy
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2004, 10:17:00 PM »

thnx otto i got it up and running again
u still fishing rice lake how is itr?

otto

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2004, 12:10:37 AM »

rice Lake is dead.  fished out. nada until the next stocking (which i hope will be soon). plus it has been so bloody hot lately, the water is averaging 18 - 21 degrees celcius.

good to hear you got the motor up and running without any damage from the submersion!!!!

8)

scalper66

• here fishy fishy
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2004, 10:12:45 PM »

hey otto if u find out about a new stock at rice lake wna shoot me a pm

otto

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2004, 10:29:28 PM »

will do buddy!!! ya still dating that girl i saw with you last time??? She got any cute girlfriends that would go for an older crazy guy....?

;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: August 16, 2004, 10:30:20 PM by otto »

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2004, 10:34:10 PM »

will do buddy!!! ya still dating that girl i saw with you last time??? She got any cute girlfriends that would go for an older crazy guy....?

;D ;D ;D ;D

Wait a minute.... there is a typo... lol... you typed, oldER..... ;D ;D ;D

otto

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2004, 10:36:40 PM »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

The Gilly

• Old Timer
  • Let equity be the rule of our actions
Re:Indian arm
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2004, 07:47:00 AM »

The Indian river gets big Springs.  Try crabbing around the second island 50-80 ft.

Mabelingwane

• Mabelingwane Hunting safari's
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2004, 07:51:29 AM »

What about driving around and fishing the mouth of the indian river, will that work?
A strong man won't let anyone get the best of him... but a man of strength gives the best of himself to everyone.

The Gilly

• Old Timer
  • Let equity be the rule of our actions
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2004, 08:45:41 AM »

Yup.  Nice thing is that few people do it.  It's great during pink years.  No crowds.