Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: election  (Read 1790 times)

ynot

• Old Timer
election
« on: September 20, 2021, 05:57:30 PM »

looks like the fisheries minister b.jorden is going to lose her seat in n.s.   done in by by the acadians who had to put up with natives fishing out of season.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
Re: election
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2021, 05:07:23 PM »

Yes she did. That riding is my birthplace and my side of the family lives there. There's a lot of anger directed towards her for the way she handled the native lobster fishery fiasco.
http://

ynot

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2021, 06:35:21 PM »

me also born in digby. acadian father. lived in yarmouth 9 yrs.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2021, 04:35:38 PM »

Lunenburg county. My Dad fished scallops out of Digby for a lot of years. I still don't like scallops and Dad always brought home a big pile after every trip. :P
http://

Wiseguy

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2021, 04:52:57 PM »

They will appoint another puppet to take her place.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2021, 06:29:01 PM »

Jordan, who carried out government policy, she didn't create it, will get some nice reward from JT for taking one for the team. Perhaps an appointment to some Federal Board that pays better than her cabinet post. There will be a new Fisheries Minister. Policy allowing FNs priority access to lobster fisheries in Atlantic Canada won't change. I doubt it would have changed if O'Toole & the Conservatives had won. Perhaps you all  recall there wasn't a big change here on the west coast after Harper won his majority in 2011 no less.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.