Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: More On The Go Fund Campaign  (Read 2455 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
More On The Go Fund Campaign
« on: November 21, 2020, 12:00:54 PM »

We need to get behind this and promoted more on forums like this a bit disappointed it has not been, not sure why.. :o https://www.theprogress.com/news/anglers-who-participated-in-demonstration-fishery-heading-to-court/
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 12:26:14 PM by chris gadsden »

fisherforever

Re: More On The Go Fund Campaign
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2020, 02:10:16 PM »

I donated $100 to Chris last week for this, how many members here will step up to the plate?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2020, 02:17:15 PM »

Yes thanks so much Gord and I see the Master has too well done guys, I put in a $100, that is a thousand plucks it I figure it right (plucks are beer tins)lol

sugartooth

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2020, 09:36:43 PM »

No thanks. I’d rather give my money to habitat restoration than to a defence fund for a bunch of guys that knowingly broke the law.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2020, 02:55:30 AM »

No thanks. I’d rather give my money to habitat restoration than to a defence fund for a bunch of guys that knowingly broke the law.
That will be good, I know the Chilliiwack Vedder River Cleanup Society can always use funds and donations for the good volunteer work they do. Send me a message if you would like to donate and I will give you the contact information.

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2020, 08:02:46 AM »

For the record, the Chilliwack Vedder River Cleanup Society does not do habitat restoration work, and we are not in need of money.  If you want to donate to that cause, I recommend giving to the Fraser Valley Watershed Society.  They do great work locally and offer tax free receipts, something I believe the Fraser valley Salmon Society does not do.

Wiseguy

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2020, 10:46:44 AM »

Post up a link to the gofundme account.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Blood_Orange

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2020, 01:18:15 PM »

To add to Chris' comment above, Langley Environmental Partners Society (LEPS) does habitat restoration in the province. The Nature Conservancy aims to purchase and protect habitat. Ecojustice works to protect habitat through the court system.

All charitable organizations need money more than usual this year. I hope that you'll follow through on your threat to donate some money to a worthwhile cause :P

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2020, 08:43:50 AM »

To add to Chris' comment above, Langley Environmental Partners Society (LEPS) does habitat restoration in the province. The Nature Conservancy aims to purchase and protect habitat. Ecojustice works to protect habitat through the court system.

All charitable organizations need money more than usual this year. I hope that you'll follow through on your threat to donate some money to a worthwhile cause :P

I follow a number of streamkeeper organizations on facebook. They are begging for money just to keep the lights on.  Ecojustice gets millions in corporate donations from multimillion dollar companies.  Stay away from the big boys that have huge ballooned administrative budgets.

Blood_Orange

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2020, 04:16:11 PM »

I follow a number of streamkeeper organizations on facebook. They are begging for money just to keep the lights on.  Ecojustice gets millions in corporate donations from multimillion dollar companies.  Stay away from the big boys that have huge ballooned administrative budgets.
Can you share links to some of the groups? I'd love to see what they're up to!