Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I'm on to you all  (Read 1658 times)

essyoo

I'm on to you all
« on: March 27, 2020, 03:20:33 PM »

So I'm standing on the river bank the other day watching my float drift idly down for the 10,000th time (100,000th? millionth? I don't even know at this point), and then the light bulb finally turned on.

The steelhead are a lie.

How could I be so easily fooled. I work in the entertainment industry. I know my way around photoshop. All those pictures could be easily created from your couch with a couple of clicks!

All the clues were right in front of me the whole time! I've never seen anyone actually catch one. Hell, I've never even seen a dead one in person. Everyone I've met on my countless outings has said the same "you'll get one eventually" and followed up with a story of someone they knew knows someone who catches them "all the time". LIES!

But this all got me thinking. How far up does this go? Is this just to keep the clicks coming on Rod's videos or people shopping at Fred's? No, I think this goes much deeper. I think this is the work of Big Gooey Bob (who IS this Bob anyhow?)

OPEN YOUR EYES SHEEPLE!

clarki

• Old Timer
Re: I'm on to you all
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2020, 04:54:53 PM »

Neo: Why do my eyes hurt?
Morpheus: You have never used them before.

You have just swallowed the red pill, essyoo 

firstlight

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2020, 08:57:45 PM »

Good one.

hammer

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2020, 05:56:56 PM »

steelhead are like Santa ...you have to believe.
Keep going..the float will go down...just be ready when it does...keep you leaders fresh and hooks sharp.