Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2019-2020 NHL Hockey season  (Read 154873 times)

arimaBOATER

Re: 2019-2020 NHL Hockey season
« Reply #450 on: May 21, 2020, 03:35:16 AM »

News today about the CFL season will actually happen and the Grey Cup in December ( instead of Nov )
So....lots of smoke...where there's smoke there is fire.
Restrictions are getting less and less and if there's no major spike then all should go to plan....
Best yet is find a vaccine that works !!!
Then fans can go into crowded stadiums again ....no restrictions ...no masks....

TNAngler

« Reply #451 on: May 21, 2020, 07:07:24 AM »

There was a story a couple days ago about a company that completed phase 1 of testing a vaccine.  Testing on something like 24 people.  After 40 days, all of them had developed antibodies.  Moving to phase 2 but still going to be a bit even once complete with phase 2 to get enough produced to make a difference.  Likely 2021 sometime.

But definite smoke happening.  The sports writers are over the place.  One of them yesterday stated she was able finally able to get excited about writing about the remainder of the season because she felt it was going to happen.  One today said they should just write off the season and try and start next year.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #452 on: May 21, 2020, 10:22:54 AM »

Think they should just have the top 8 teams and start the playoffs.
Label it the 2020 covid 19 adjusted  Stanley Cup season.
All teams that miss out just have to lump it.
Yes there are some vaccines that are looking promising Yahoo !!!

arimaBOATER

« Reply #453 on: May 25, 2020, 09:51:17 PM »

More and more news about starting NHL playoffs.
Ideas but not everyone on board...teams high in pts not happy with too many teams allowed to compete.
Right now on a Sports Net tv it's a replay ..Canucks vs Maple Leafs West Conf. Playoff Game 1.
Linden Bure Pat Quinn coach...
That was a year we nearly ...so close ...got the Cup.

TNAngler

« Reply #454 on: May 26, 2020, 07:34:35 AM »

Phase 2 agreement reached and sent out Sunday evening.  So, that is the plan.  Now it is just a matter of starting phase 2 which they said they are targeting early June.  NY's governor has stated that sports teams in NY can start practicing and if NY is allowing it, I don't see any reason any other state wouldn't.  CA and TX already have too.  Michigan would be the one that wouldn't but I think Detroit would be out of the playoffs anyways so who cares.  More hockey news.  Set dates, lets slap this pony and trot off into the sunset.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #455 on: May 26, 2020, 08:02:47 PM »

Phase 2 agreement reached and sent out Sunday evening.  So, that is the plan.  Now it is just a matter of starting phase 2 which they said they are targeting early June.  NY's governor has stated that sports teams in NY can start practicing and if NY is allowing it, I don't see any reason any other state wouldn't.  CA and TX already have too.  Michigan would be the one that wouldn't but I think Detroit would be out of the playoffs anyways so who cares.  More hockey news.  Set dates, lets slap this pony and trot off into the sunset.
I hope we the Canucks do not win the Cup...in this coming modified set up.
It just will feel it came from a patch up season.
Like a toy from a Cracker Box . Anyone remember that treat ? Coated popcorn and a small toy in a plastic bag was in the box. As kids we'd buy a box or two...& say to the friend "What prize did you get?"
For our first Cup I want it from a regular season.
Grey Cup is ok to win it ..patch up season who cares ....90% of teams make the playoffs in the CFL so it 's a joke anyways.
Only 4 teams should make it.
Two west teams should be best 2 out of 3 ...two east ..best 2 out of 3 ...west faces east for Grey Cup.

TNAngler

« Reply #456 on: May 27, 2020, 08:06:21 AM »

I'd still accept the Preds winning it.

No formal training camps until at least July 1st.  That means middle of July before we have any games.  Boo but still making progress I guess.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #457 on: May 28, 2020, 10:20:37 PM »

I'd still accept the Preds winning it.

No formal training camps until at least July 1st.  That means middle of July before we have any games.  Boo but still making progress I guess.
Well you Preds want the Cup do you.....well in that case the line is drawn in the sand.
We Canuck fans will try to win it....and be proud to take it.
Hey 24 teams going at it.....whoever takes it will have to fight tooth and nail.
Might be the best playoffs yet because of less travel. 2 cities is it ?

Predict a team from the west will win it !!! A Canadian team !!! A team close to the ocean...... 8)

Heard the playoffs will go Sept to Nov or something ????? Start next season in December.

TNAngler

« Reply #458 on: May 29, 2020, 07:28:11 AM »

Saying start of phase 3 (training camps) would not start before July 10th now and going to require a couple weeks.  Approaching August before they even will start.  Very interesting.

And are you talking about Edmonton?  They aren't super close to the ocean but can't think of another team in the west that would want it.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #459 on: May 29, 2020, 10:05:00 AM »

Well that problem is solved. The Canucks will want it....because there's new assistant coaches in town.
Behind the bench will be 3 new assistant coaches....FA Nova & yours truly.
Bring it on.
The Cup is ours !!! well hope so....maybe...possibly...I'm positive ER ER of the fact. Yes yes ..well at least we will get in the finals....& ah & ah....

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #460 on: May 29, 2020, 02:03:17 PM »

I can guarantee you that there will not be any prayer sessions either pregame or postgame.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #461 on: May 29, 2020, 03:10:38 PM »

I can guarantee you that there will not be any prayer sessions either pregame or postgame.
Ya can't stop "silent prayer"  ;D
Is FA around ?
He's in the "can" .
Ok he has a habit of sitting on the toilet for 30 minutes....let's pray boys for 29 minutes.

TNAngler

« Reply #462 on: June 08, 2020, 07:32:08 AM »

Phase 2 starting today, or at least allowed to start today.  From looking at the plans for a bunch of the teams, most aren't starting anything today.  I think the Preds from what they are thinking are going to be starting in a week.  Just takes a while to get everything set up.  Most of our players are in town though.  For other teams, they only have very few players in twon so then it isn't worth getting all of this set up.  At least it is starting.

TNAngler

« Reply #463 on: June 11, 2020, 09:22:45 AM »

Phase 3, training camps, starting July 10th.  That is exciting news.

TNAngler

« Reply #464 on: June 30, 2020, 07:47:18 AM »

Wait, what happened with ArimaBoater?  :(