Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2019-2020 NHL Hockey season  (Read 154900 times)

arimaBOATER

Re: 2019-2020 NHL Hockey season
« Reply #420 on: April 26, 2020, 10:58:38 AM »

Our nbc ch from Seattle had NHL replay games on.
One was the Preds vs Penquins for the Cup !
Gee know of someone who would of been interested.....but knowing who won the Cup that yr. maybe there would be no interest...by certain party.
Tell ya one thing Canucks were in finals 3x and still no cigar.
The way it 's going the Canucks may be 10x in finals and no cigar  :(
Hope it's not a game 7 loss in Vancouver...the riots .....all buildings flattened.
Or in the least every window broken !!!!  :'( from crying to the crowd have beer and then  >:(
and then all he_ _ breaks loose !!!
In finals it all great joy and soooooooooo sad if no cigar.

TNAngler

« Reply #421 on: April 27, 2020, 06:24:21 AM »

No, I don't have the craps.  I was saying I hope the next bug that goes around doesn't cause that because it would be horrible to add to this.  I am getting better.  Still get the coughs some.  Not sure what I had as I have not been tested but pretty sure it was Covid.  But I'm ok.  Just waiting for some type of hockey somewhere.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #422 on: April 28, 2020, 10:00:50 AM »

Canucks have been to the big dance a few times...no cigar.
Nashville has been to the dance and no cigar either...

Toronto had been to the dance and they have smoked many cigars !!!
Many Stanley Cup wins.

Imagine Chris is watching replays.....and drinking some cool ones .
A beer or two.
At least during Covid 19 he can get his mind off it with those Cup victories.

TNAngler

« Reply #423 on: April 29, 2020, 07:56:00 AM »

Heard they are considering allowing teams back to facilities to start practicing but not sure if that is true or not.  Also heard they are so bent on finishing this season they are willing to postpone next season, have no off period between this year and next and play games every other day with some back to backs and no all star break or week off.

Heard the players are against the single site option because it would be weeks spent without their family around which I understand but is not ideal.  Will be very interesting to see how this all works out.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #424 on: April 30, 2020, 10:31:13 AM »

Canucks have been to the big dance a few times...no cigar.
Nashville has been to the dance and no cigar either...

Toronto had been to the dance and they have smoked many cigars !!!
Many Stanley Cup wins.

Imagine Chris is watching replays.....and drinking some cool ones .
A beer or two.
At least during Covid 19 he can get his mind off it with those Cup victories.
Most of my time has been working on pictures of numerous road trips around BC for a couple of FB pages I contribute to. Watched us win the Stanley Cup the other night from a few years ago. 1967.lol.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #425 on: April 30, 2020, 12:03:48 PM »

Most of my time has been working on pictures of numerous road trips around BC for a couple of FB pages I contribute to. Watched us win the Stanley Cup the other night from a few years ago. 1967.lol.
Busy hands will keep ya outta trouble.
Man,I hope we Canuck fans ( Nashville fans ) can one day watch replays of a Stanley Cup team!!
Pens Red Wings Oilers Chicago have those many Cups in not the too far past.
Life is just not fair...it 's just not fair...
If the Canucks get into the finals it would be nice if they win it fair and square.
But after 3x and no cigar ...what if they get there and it's 0-4 OUCH!
......so did not Bobby Clarke wack a russian's ankle during the USSR - Canada 1972 series...we won !!!
Did not a figure skater get Nancy Kerrigan knee whacked ...so
If the Canucks get into the finals think the team will have to not win it fair and square...take out a few players by whacking their ankles ...whack their knees.....
This should help with our first CUP. Like tilting the ice surface...we skate downhill other team skates uphill...hey that's a good idea. Canucks can start construction on the rink now!!!
It's a win at any cost....a Cup at any cost....it's the "Christian thing to do".  ::)
( prevents a big riot should Canucks lose so ya let's cheat )  ;D
No tell no tell no tell....secret plans.....

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #426 on: April 30, 2020, 01:15:04 PM »

Still living in the past Chris ? Did they have colour TV back then ? ;)

arimaBOATER

« Reply #427 on: April 30, 2020, 08:33:39 PM »

Imagine watching the Canucks 3 losses in the finals on a black and white tv.
Now that would be very depressing.
Mind you watching the BC Lions win the Grey Cup on a color tv is bliss !!!
Now only if the Lions get the Grey Cup and then after Canucks win the Stanley Cup. Could our hearts handle it?
But as it is a feat to get into the Stanley Cup finals ....losing team should get the Silver Cup if they take the series to a game 7.
We'd have two Silver Cups.
That's like 1/2 a cigar...better than nothing zippo.

TNAngler

« Reply #428 on: May 01, 2020, 07:52:19 AM »

No face masks for sure.  Did they wear helmets?

So, finally gotten mostly rid of the cough and now.... yeah, kidney stone.  Not big enough to risk going to the doctor but just uncomfortable a lot.  So much fun.

TNAngler

« Reply #429 on: May 01, 2020, 07:53:48 AM »

I wonder if they will finally put in a rule to stop Marchand from spitting on people or licking people now?  Maybe a benefit from COVID19

arimaBOATER

« Reply #430 on: May 01, 2020, 09:48:05 AM »

I wonder if they will finally put in a rule to stop Marchand from spitting on people or licking people now?  Maybe a benefit from COVID19
;D ;D ;D
Ya he has  done that a few times.
Think he does it because the player he licks is sweating ...so it's a good source of "hydro /salt"
Not sold in stores.
Yep but that tongue if it has Covid 19 ...it 's then like the saliva of that reptile that is so poisonous.
Wonder if he gets tempted to lick his teamates?
In the dressing room ...." Come on Marchand stop that ok "

TNAngler

« Reply #431 on: May 01, 2020, 09:55:24 AM »

I would imagine trying to lick a teammate while they are in the shower will result in a significant beating, unless they are into that of course.  But the other person being into it doesn't seem to be a requirement in the past for his lickings.

I can just imagine someone getting sick from it and the uproar that would cause.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #432 on: May 01, 2020, 11:34:24 AM »

I would imagine trying to lick a teammate while they are in the shower will result in a significant beating, unless they are into that of course.  But the other person being into it doesn't seem to be a requirement in the past for his lickings.

I can just imagine someone getting sick from it and the uproar that would cause.
Big lawsuit ? But the defence would be a player could of caught virus "anywhere" ..
Honestly when it happened I thought the guy should of been given 10 game suspension.
( guess nothing in the rule book ...then make new rules )
2nd time...banned for season ..if near end of season ...banned for most of next.
Tyson ..bites ears ....muzzle the guy should be rule or wear ear protector ...but he may bite nose...

Muzzle Marchand if he just can't help himself. Oh boy...
They should call the 6 ft distance the Marchand Rule. ( keep 6ft away ...maybe 7 ft ..he may have a 6 ft tongue. ) oh boy.
Hope your health improves more and more. Prayer said for you. 
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 11:36:15 AM by A-BOATER »

TNAngler

« Reply #433 on: May 04, 2020, 07:49:14 AM »

I wouldn't think with mouthguards they would have to worry about unintentional lickings but I would think if you say get hit in the back you could have a little spit fly out and land on someone and it be accidental.  So I would say every licking is a 10 game suspension for first occurrence, second occurrence is a season suspension, third is lifetime ban.  For spitting, it would have to be obviously on purpose with the same penalty.

Still hurting with the stone.  It comes and goes.  It isn't very big which is good.  I've had some that were so big they could hardly pass.  This is more like the stitch you get in your side when you run too much and you are out of shape with occasional sharp stabs like you just got stabbed.  And then I can go a couple hours with nothing.  Hoping it passes soon though.  It is the third or fourth I have had in 8 months.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #434 on: May 04, 2020, 03:08:03 PM »

I wouldn't think with mouthguards they would have to worry about unintentional lickings but I would think if you say get hit in the back you could have a little spit fly out and land on someone and it be accidental.  So I would say every licking is a 10 game suspension for first occurrence, second occurrence is a season suspension, third is lifetime ban.  For spitting, it would have to be obviously on purpose with the same penalty.

Still hurting with the stone.  It comes and goes.  It isn't very big which is good.  I've had some that were so big they could hardly pass.  This is more like the stitch you get in your side when you run too much and you are out of shape with occasional sharp stabs like you just got stabbed.  And then I can go a couple hours with nothing.  Hoping it passes soon though.  It is the third or fourth I have had in 8 months.
never had a stitch for many years but know the pain of them from memory. They really hurt like a knife jabbing into you. Ouch.
Guess I don 't get stitch because never run anymore.
If a guy came at me with a knife ...my escape is run quick...
Was a very very good runner at one time.
But now if guy came at me with a knife well...gotta go into combat and hope for the best.

Heard these stones are such a problem 100's of 1000s of operations yearly.
Some very tiny but other stones can be huge !!!

It's gotta keep you humble that's for sure. OUCH ...must be terrible if pain starts as your driving and making a left turn ......
Lordy if your kissing the wife.....

Ya get them a lot .
Does the stone affect your bile ....or digestion process?
Hope you get better soon.
Prayer said again for ya.