Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2019-2020 NHL Hockey season  (Read 154913 times)

Novabonker

• Old Timer
Re: 2019-2020 NHL Hockey season
« Reply #390 on: April 05, 2020, 03:49:53 PM »

canucksfan  27 on YouTube for a little hockey fix.
http://

arimaBOATER

« Reply #391 on: April 05, 2020, 09:33:03 PM »

canucksfan  27 on YouTube for a little hockey fix.
Got my fix watching Hip checks pt 1 .
Nice !
Will need another fix later.
Thanks.

TNAngler

« Reply #392 on: April 06, 2020, 07:22:52 AM »

Impulse?  We have been discussing this for.... 8 years?  We have discussed it in such detail that we could probably be separated into different rooms and be asked to list out what we want in the house and be able to come up with a pretty consistent list.  We don't want to stay in Nashville because other than hockey there is nothing here for us.  In fact, before we got into hockey the plan was to have a condo or something down in Belize and a house in Alaska.  Alaska could possible be changed to Montana after visiting Glacier National park last year.  The plan is to plan a fishing vacation up there one of these years before we retire up there.  The goal is to be somewhere with great salmon fishing, whales and otters, and few people.  The choices are limited.  And if the Preds start tanking or something happens, staying year round is a possibility minus some trips to Vegas or vacations.  Or perhaps getting NHL package and watching games up there.  My guess is we will spend a lot of time traveling during the winter and some during the summer.  But who knows I guess.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #393 on: April 06, 2020, 08:15:00 AM »

;D
Well ya did say in another comment yous never been up in Alaska and you wanted the realtor to go to some place check it out and send you pictures.
What if she said someone else is interested to buy that nice piece of acres but if you make an offer near asking you will get it....hurry though.
I bet you would of bought  !!!
( just joking )
You know best what you want.
Belize ...crocs some places ...
"Kissing" bugs come out at night. Bite ya at night. & poo by the bite. If poo grits into bite area ....it gets into one's system. Affects heart organs so on in future...
Other than that great place to retire.
Gee if people keep dropping to Covid 19 ...there just may lots of good buys in two yrs.
Some people like Phoenix Arz.
Glen Campbell moved there when he lived...

« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 12:29:30 PM by A-BOATER »

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #394 on: April 06, 2020, 10:07:59 PM »

I'm looking at buying something in Nova Scotia for summertime digs when I retire in a couple of years, 5 months here and the rest back there. I looked at a standard 3 bedroom house on 5 acres for 125 k. When we sell here we're going to look at a condo because the wife won't go a long time away from the grandkids. Soon.....
http://

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #395 on: April 06, 2020, 11:32:28 PM »

Hopefully they will have a CFL franchise in the Maritimes in a couple of years.

TNAngler

« Reply #396 on: April 07, 2020, 09:14:44 AM »

The place we had considered was not far from civilization, it was on the main road from Anchorage to Homer.  It already had electricity on site and a well dug for water, I think.  There were developments going on in the general vicinity so if we bought 5 acres and then decided when we got there that it wasn't the right spot for us, we could have sold it.  If we bought it we would have already likely taken a trip up there to scope it out so would already know if we liked it or not.  And we weren't going to spend a fortune, of course that is all relative to one's income I guess.  I think it was in the $50k-$75k range.  I have looked at property (and drooled but couldn't really consider it) where it is on the last curve before dropping down to Homer (so Homer is on the south side of the peninsula, this is on the north right where it turns to run mostly east), gated lot, huge house already on it set up very much like how we would like our except probably not that big.  Windows everywhere, had greenhouses, a smoke house.  It was a lot though.  $1.5M if I remember right.  That would have to be a fully year round house if you are going to pay that amount or you would have to be super rich if that is a vacation house.  Too much to have to clean too but would have been living very nice if we could afford that.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #397 on: April 07, 2020, 02:19:23 PM »

I'm looking at buying something in Nova Scotia for summertime digs when I retire in a couple of years, 5 months here and the rest back there. I looked at a standard 3 bedroom house on 5 acres for 125 k. When we sell here we're going to look at a condo because the wife won't go a long time away from the grandkids. Soon.....
Nova buy it quick ...TNA may grab it!
But honestly that is a very good price.

Ya FA CFL is starting on the east coast sooner than later.
Wonder if a Kelowna could host a CFL team?
Fans could bus / drive from Kamloops Vernon Penticton.
Have home games on weekends at 1 pm.
Plenty of time to get there and daylight driving back.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #398 on: April 07, 2020, 02:28:59 PM »

The place we had considered was not far from civilization, it was on the main road from Anchorage to Homer.  It already had electricity on site and a well dug for water, I think.  There were developments going on in the general vicinity so if we bought 5 acres and then decided when we got there that it wasn't the right spot for us, we could have sold it.  If we bought it we would have already likely taken a trip up there to scope it out so would already know if we liked it or not.  And we weren't going to spend a fortune, of course that is all relative to one's income I guess.  I think it was in the $50k-$75k range.  I have looked at property (and drooled but couldn't really consider it) where it is on the last curve before dropping down to Homer (so Homer is on the south side of the peninsula, this is on the north right where it turns to run mostly east), gated lot, huge house already on it set up very much like how we would like our except probably not that big.  Windows everywhere, had greenhouses, a smoke house.  It was a lot though.  $1.5M if I remember right.  That would have to be a fully year round house if you are going to pay that amount or you would have to be super rich if that is a vacation house.  Too much to have to clean too but would have been living very nice if we could afford that.
Well it must be nice to have those retirement plans.
When we bought our SUV I had a tornado of thoughts....trying to decide.
Narrowed it down to 5 models ...which one which one and then had to deal with sales making their arguments which only made the job harder.
Hey and that was only 5 choices.
You both will have 1000s of options ...where to buy ...then when narrowed to an area ....which property to buy?
Neighbourhood, shopping centre, medical, crime rate, weather, transportation / roads ...
Hope it works out.
The worst senerio is you like one place but your spouse likes the other place...and as you debate amongst yourself FA & Nova buys each place.
Gone ...too late...TNA keep looking...
Oh after 6 mos you both find one you agreed on. As ya discuss what ya should offer....watch out I might buy the place.  ;D

TNAngler

« Reply #399 on: April 08, 2020, 07:26:09 AM »

LOL, well, see the great part is, none of it is so set in stone that we can't figure all of that out.  And who knows, by the time we get there, maybe some other place will call us.  Or maybe a full year plan is the new plan.  Or maybe we don't live long enough to realize the dream.  But dreaming, especially dreaming with your spouse of your future together I feel is very important.  Have a plan of what the future looks like together, something you both look forward to.  It isn't just the same thing or just getting through life, there is something ahead that is different, better, and yet together.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #400 on: April 12, 2020, 03:43:31 PM »

Tom Webster past NHL player coach scout has passed on.
Remember the guy well. Coach when Wayne G was with the Kings.
First yr with Boston he got something like 30 goals !
But played little after that in the NHL so he went into the other hockey league and scored a bunch.
71 yrs old .
Brain cancer.

TNAngler

« Reply #401 on: April 13, 2020, 07:40:54 AM »

Ouch, always sucks to hear of stuff like that.  Hope his family is doing well.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #402 on: April 13, 2020, 12:31:18 PM »

Ouch, always sucks to hear of stuff like that.  Hope his family is doing well.
Surfing YT and one lady isolating ...and not enjoying life like we all are restricted to do ...Covid 19 circulating....then gets results from tests that took forever ...delayed results ..
Result...she has cancer !!!
She then swears and apologizes.
Life sometimes throws a curve ball.
Left her a comment about  that should give her some hope to the One whose's bigger than cancer or death.

I miss FA & Chris duking it out with their jabs. Think these guys go back 15 yrs ribbing each other about hockey !!!!  ;D
FA has his famous ribs and that replay of Leaf melt down against Boston.

But Chris has very good comeback ribs that are so cutting !!!! How cutting you say?
Like a long needle jabbing you in the butt !  ;D

TNAngler

« Reply #403 on: April 14, 2020, 08:07:11 AM »

Just miss everything hockey

arimaBOATER

« Reply #404 on: April 15, 2020, 08:58:20 AM »

Just miss everything hockey

Ya I just miss going into stores or riding a pedal bike in the community and yes watching sporting events on the boob tube.
I mainly have Telus tv because of the various sports channels and for the local news ..
And Nashville has that double crazy ness of the tornados and now virus...
Plus in the last day of so...tornados / winds hit the the south eastern USA I believe...did not catch the full report.
Booooooooo.....
FA says he should become an evangelist and get people to send him $$$ and he will pray and get rid of this virus ( $ racket. )  ;D
Commented I'm too wise to fall for that one!!! Not a penny he 'do get from me!

Hrs hrs hrs later...a great and mighty Evangelist FA Canuck is coming to town.
Well that changes everything ...does this ministry have an address ? Like to send in a grand ! $1000.00

Oh think I'll pass on evangelist Chris Bo dine T bone Maple Leaf the 3rd.
He sounds fishy to me !!!
 ;D
Guess will just have to get my fix that Nova put a link to.
This virus is like that alien in the Predator movie...with Arnold S.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 09:00:27 AM by A-BOATER »