Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2019-2020 NHL Hockey season  (Read 154888 times)

arimaBOATER

Re: 2019-2020 NHL Hockey season
« Reply #285 on: February 24, 2020, 02:07:16 AM »

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

NOTHING better than kicking  Boston's  bottoms. Did Marchand cry?

What a dream for the zamboni  driver.
Yes FA & Nova the Canucks really gave the Bruins a big spanking.
 9-3 final score was it ? Think so.
Toffoli gets 2 goals to boot !
He sets up nicely in the high slot & gets the pass from the corner....he gets it away quickly & goes for the left or right corners. He mixes it up.
Canucks are finally going in front of the net & not just staying on the outside.
Ok to stay on the outside as ya have to get the puck in the zone but then make plays & get to the net.
TNA Preds had close games with Chicago & Columbus.
They managed to get some pts.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 06:49:29 PM by A-BOATER »

TNAngler

« Reply #286 on: February 24, 2020, 07:21:54 AM »

Very glad you guys beat Boston.  Hate those guys.  Marchand made the twitterverse when he clearly cross checked a guy after the play is over only to have someone come up behind him and cross check him and both guys start punching him.  Only Marchand got the penalty.  Made me laugh.  Anytime he loses is a good day.

Weren't our best games over the weekend but lost to the Blackhawks in overtime so 1 point, then beat Columbus in a shoot out, 8th playerr so very nail biting but 3 points out of 4 possible so that was good.  Still just out of the wild card but getting close and play someone that is in the wild card spots Thursday so that could be big.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #287 on: February 24, 2020, 09:00:52 AM »

Simmons  is going to Buffalo. Thank heavens. One of my favourite hockey moments was Marchand sniveling and crying in the finals last year followed closely  by the shootout missed puck. I know I'm an awful person  for enjoying  another man's misery but it's Marchand.

Oddly enough he owns a very successful  house building company in the Hammonds Plains area where he grew up and  even odder is that a lot of people  detest him in Nova  Scotia. What a dink.
http://

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #288 on: February 24, 2020, 09:51:17 AM »

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #289 on: February 24, 2020, 09:17:25 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YG9Na5F9eg&t=56s

I know it's  not right to laugh at another's folly, but it's  Brad Marchand. Thank you. It's still funny after 35 views.

Too bad about Markstrom I guess we'll see if Demko can step up to the next level fast.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 09:21:34 PM by Novabonker »
http://

TNAngler

« Reply #290 on: February 25, 2020, 11:14:55 AM »

Oh, that hit is awesome.  Definitely can watch that all day long and never get old.  The one I was talking about was this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqRRZjEZiL0

Watching his helmet fly off and then the guy on the ground start punching him just warms my heart.

Sucks your goalie is hurt.  That doesn't lead to good things.  Hopefully he isn't out long but goalies very much need good knees.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #291 on: February 25, 2020, 01:06:17 PM »

Simmons  is going to Buffalo. Thank heavens. One of my favourite hockey moments was Marchand sniveling and crying in the finals last year followed closely  by the shootout missed puck. I know I'm an awful person  for enjoying  another man's misery but it's Marchand.

Oddly enough he owns a very successful  house building company in the Hammonds Plains area where he grew up and  even odder is that a lot of people  detest him in Nova  Scotia. What a dink.

You're not an awful person but it's Marchand :)

TNAngler

« Reply #292 on: February 26, 2020, 09:29:09 AM »

See you guys had a slow start last night but pulled it out.  The injured goalie isn't hurting so far.  We pulled out a close one actually scoring 2 power play goals last night which is a miracle that we got any but got the 3-2 win and are sitting currently in the second wild card spot.  Game Thursday against Calgary who is in the first spot and we could overtake them with an outright win.  3 game winning streak, 4 game point streak.  Maybe perhaps they took those Vancouver videos to heart.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #293 on: February 26, 2020, 10:09:47 AM »

Canucks get a big W in Montreal & it must of been good ice because both teams were just flying out there.
Wow Marchand is taking his own medicine.
He likes to give it ..but he has to take it.
FA vid has him running into a big hit.
Like a guy running fast right into a wall.
TNA vid also ...he cross checks & he gets cross checked immediately from behind by another guy.
 ;D
Guess before he gives out cross checks he will make sure Chara is out on the ice to come to his rescue.

Yes me thinks Preds are better since studying a Vancouver game tapes.
( but Canucks have secrets they still have not used yet ... ) 
My IPAD is not charging ...so...maybe it's too old or charger not working...11% ...gotta check into this so if I do not post for awhile...

TNAngler

« Reply #294 on: February 27, 2020, 11:40:45 AM »

Change both the cord and the wall plug first and foremost.  Hope that is it.  My phone did that and the first time there was an issue with the cord that fixed it.  The second time it did it.... well, let's just say I learned the lesson of backing up the phone a lot more frequently than I did and had to pay a whole lot of stupid tax to get any pictures off my phone.  Hopefully that isn't what you have run into where the battery essentially just stops responding because it essentially becomes a very ineffective boat anchor.

Big game tonight.  YUUUUUGE.  Need a win.

TNAngler

« Reply #295 on: February 28, 2020, 08:41:04 AM »

Sorry to see you guys lost last night but if you get a chance to watch some highlights from our game, HOLY COW!!!!!!

We went up 1-0 right at the end of the first.  Second was bad and we ended down 2-1.  About 10 minutes left in the third, we score to tie it.  We start playing better, really been a struggle up to this point.  Then we have a complete boneheaded transition, only having 4 people on the ice with one getting off, by the time we got it fixed they had scored and there was only 45 second left in the game.  So we win the faceoff, pull the goalie, get a couple really good chances but the puck is kept out by the goalie, guy has to take it behind the net, tried to shoot, gets blocked by a defender, somehow fishes it out of the defenders stick, throws it in front of the net, one of our guy somehow grabs it off another guy's stick and shoots it in.  Score with .1 seconds left.  I think there was .2 but they reset the clock at .1, not that it really matters.  Tie game, overtime.  Some back and forth but something like a minute and a half in, same guy that scored the tying goal is on the ice carrying the puck in, tries to pass it to a teammate but it gets blocked by a defender with his skates but then gets stuck in his skates and he can't find it.  Same guy grabs it and shoots it and goalie is caught completely by surprise.  Crowd and players go wild, game over.  Just a crazy crazy game but very exciting.  Didn't allow us to take over the first wild card spot but kept us in the second and got us a point closer to taking the first one from Calgary.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #296 on: February 28, 2020, 10:14:41 AM »

Yes it was the cable !
My IPAD must of been charged easily 1000x or more so am happy the battery still is active.

Am going to check highlights of the Pred. win later but what an exciting game as you described it.

Imagine if this was game 7 of the finals!!!
Pred fans would be so hyped they would be awake for 24 hrs /7 days after.
Flame fans too but because of shock.

Missed the Canuck game but sports on local evening news showed Demko letting in easy early goals.
Markstrom needs to heal up & get between the pipes.
Knee injury must get healed 100% or could easily get re injuried. "Shoot" what crazy injuries at the bad time.

Guess what? Canucks VS Leafs on Saturday in Toronto.
Pay back time. Hope 1000 Canuck fans are in the building. (Ha)
Maybe our 2 goalies will get mildly injured so we can get the emergency back up to sub in.
Same result with him in net ....WIN.  :o 8) ;D
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 01:44:37 PM by A-BOATER »

arimaBOATER

« Reply #297 on: February 29, 2020, 04:51:19 PM »

Demko better not let in any more easy goals or put in our recent traded for goalie. ( or bring back a Eddy Lack where he is? Car 54 where are YOU ? )
Canucks / Leafs tied 2-2 .
Both teams want this one.
Chris wants this one...
FA Nova & I want this one.
Predict Vancouver will pour in the goals & win easy.
Anderson boooooo! Was it FA once say Leafs owned Rask & traded him to the Bruins?
Rask been a torn in Leafs butt since.
No he has not been our torn but Tim Thomas Bruin was our torn a few yrs ago...but Canucks smell the Cup this year! Leafs will be our stepping stone  ;D
2nd period nearly over...Canuck player tripped up & no call !!!
Nylander skated like a jet but Hughes our star D man gave him a shove in the back so it spoiled the Leaf from getting a close in shot away !
( thank you ref...for the non call )
Leafs are getting some very close chances...5-6 at least in the 2nd.
Canucks skating hard but someone has got to tell the Leafs to save some energy...take it easy...relax at bit...in other words Leafs are CHECKING too hard & looking after their end.
This is a disaster ...because Leafs will tire in the 3rd Canucks will strike.
Oops last minute of the 2nd & Leafs are starting to tire...Canucks hit the bar !!!
The 3rd will be like taking candy from a baby.
Leafs are frustrated & tired.
Custer last stand.
Pack of Lions in for the kill..
Take the $$$ to the bank...Leafs are going down down down pal....in the 3rd ...1-2-3 you lose wrestling or 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 KO in boxing...fini (French)el finish -O ( Spanish ) Finished (English )
Canucks will score 2-3 goals in the 3rd to take the W.

Well ok Canucks lose (again) to the Leafs.  For some reason the Leafs play their best when they play the Canucks.
If Leafs played like that in all their games they would be in the top 5 teams of the NHL.
They put so much into this game & assume they will go back to their hot & cold play style & lose the next game. 
Chris the Leaf advisor must of took out his whip before the game. Faster faster ...
Canucks hit the iron...refs in this game born in Ontario?
Anyways game did not go the way I drew it on the chalk board.  >:( :( :-[ :'(
Ya brew is flowing across Canada....as Chris states. Booze for victory & a glass or 2 for defeat.
Markstrom we miss you (a lot )
Demko has been letting in 1-2 weak goals in the start of games & it puts the team behind the 8 ball.
Time to put in our back up.
Weak goaltending is like a wide open receiver dropping a 50 yard easy catch !!!
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 07:14:33 PM by A-BOATER »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #298 on: February 29, 2020, 06:45:15 PM »

Yep, the brew is flowing in a few homes tonight. The Cup is ours. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #299 on: February 29, 2020, 07:44:25 PM »

At least the Canucks didn't lose to a 42 year old zamboni driver.