Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2019-2020 NHL Hockey season  (Read 166036 times)

TNAngler

Re: 2019-2020 NHL Hockey season
« Reply #120 on: December 12, 2019, 07:14:00 AM »

One game road trip to Buffalo here.  Hoping for the best.  We will see.  Looks like you guys have Carolina coming in to town.  Tough opponent we have faced recently.  Will be a tough win tonight.  Good luck.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #121 on: December 12, 2019, 10:28:03 PM »

Markstrom our #1 goalie stood on his head & it's 0-0 at the end of 60.
In OT big hussle by the Canucks & a super well placed backhand in the top corner of net.
Game set & match.
What Anderson TO goalie did to us...Markstrom did to the Carolina.
As FA said: Canucks planning Stanley Cup Parade sooner than later......
All other NHL teams take notice. 

See Preds lost a close one 4-3.
Will check the highlights later.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #122 on: December 12, 2019, 10:33:37 PM »

Good win by the boys tonight. Leaves got burned in Calgary. Guess the Canucks softened the Leaves up on Tuesday. Easy picking by the Flames.

TNAngler

« Reply #123 on: December 13, 2019, 07:52:36 AM »

Last night was a big back and forth.  We would score, they would score.  Was tied 3-3 and they scored again with like 5 minutes left.  Had a couple really good opportunities, empty net rebound we were hitting and a stick just appears out of nowhere and deflects it off path.  Frustrating but not much to do about it.  Tomorrow is against Dallas who is on a new interim coach.

The coaching stuff lately is strange.  Dallas letting their coach go for things off the ice.  Sharks coach let go immediately after we beat them.

Glad to see you guys won.  Keep them in shape and playing hard.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #124 on: December 13, 2019, 12:24:09 PM »

Good win by the boys tonight. Leaves got burned in Calgary. Guess the Canucks softened the Leaves up on Tuesday. Easy picking by the Flames.
I agree I agree I agree  ;D
Canucks peppered the Leafs so many times with shots & breakaways the Leafs still were in a shock & fog.
They needed a week to recover.
Word has it the Leafs are fearing the next date with the Vancouver Canucks.

Super close game Preds/Sabres.
You are right it seems the NHL coaches are taking a beating....dropping like flies.
The ball started rolling after Pres Trump impeachment hearings Don Cherry firing our Progressive Conservative leader resigning yesterday....
Caesar gets the knife.
Who's next ?

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #125 on: December 13, 2019, 04:13:03 PM »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #126 on: December 13, 2019, 09:02:55 PM »

Leaf advisor :)
Like a cat I have 9 lives, not sure how many used since 1967.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #127 on: December 13, 2019, 09:16:16 PM »

Like a cat I have 9 lives, not sure how many used since 1967.

9 ;D

arimaBOATER

« Reply #128 on: December 14, 2019, 04:07:54 PM »

9 ;D
Eat healthy within limit,walk a lot, sleep /rest 7 hrs or more & say your nightly prayer ..zzzz ...
Preaching to myself too...
9 lives are up & one left so ...reach for 90-95- or ?

Should be so great game between Leafs & Oilers.
Both teams should be flying out there. Pat Quinn from heaven will decide this game. Whoever he cheers for  ::)
Think the Oilers will be more physical than the Canucks/Maple Leaf game the other night.

Canucks vs Sharks . Sharks are hungry for some wins so.....think they literally have the battle of the WILLS & Sharks are more desperate so... predict a Shark win.
Unless  Canucks surprise.
Then does not the Canucks play tomorrow in Vegas ( Sunday ) Canucks lose as it's back to back & the Knights come at you in waves....non stop.
If Canucks manage pts in the next 2 games I will be pleased but surprised.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #129 on: December 14, 2019, 11:33:07 PM »

Congrads on a determined win by the Leafs in Edmonton.
They worked hard & got results.

Canucks worked hard & had chances but no results. Lost. Close game. Sharks finally stop their losing streak. New head coach behind the Shark bench.

Preds fell to the Stars. Well they lost to two good teams recently.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #130 on: December 15, 2019, 08:36:54 PM »

I'm baaaaccckkkkk! Still ticking albeit to a different drummer. THE ONLY reason the Leads won was because I wasn't  there. Net year it'll be a different story. I did get out to the Carolina  game and Marks from was just plain old fashioned awesome. Unlike tonight in Vegas....
http://

arimaBOATER

« Reply #131 on: December 15, 2019, 10:05:31 PM »

I'm baaaaccckkkkk! Still ticking albeit to a different drummer. THE ONLY reason the Leads won was because I wasn't  there. Net year it'll be a different story. I did get out to the Carolina  game and Marks from was just plain old fashioned awesome. Unlike tonight in Vegas....
Well if it isn't Nova as in Novabonker !
Welcome ...nice to see your still alive & kicking.
On page 8 Chris brought you up & in reply was hoping you were ok & not sick or whatever.

If you being at the Canuck vs Maple Leafs & the result is Canucks WIN !
Well by all means please do attend the game. FA Canuck advisor possibly will give ya free tickets.

Thought Canucks would lose to Sharks & Knights ...so sure I NEVER put a small bet at a Sports Action.
"Rats"
Gambling is tempting but odds are always against....
Your so right Markstrom played just "super" & being at the game against Hurricanes just of been bliss.
As for their loss to Vegas it's return match Thurs think it is in Vancouver.
That will be a game to watch.
After the Canucks the Vegas Knights are my 2nd favourite . Sorry Chris & TNA.

TNAngler

« Reply #132 on: December 16, 2019, 09:53:23 AM »

Loss against Dallas was super rough.  Not only did they beat us in the playoffs, we play them in the winter classic in half a month and they just killed us.  There is an article out today about how the Preds used to be the team that would out hustle the other team, work harder, dig out the dirty pucks, win despite talent, etc.  The article says we finally saw that again this past Saturday, unfortunately it was Dallas playing like that.  We now have the talent and skill we should be able to go out and dominate based on those talents but somehow we can't figure out how to do that and we lost the drive to work harder.  We are caught in the middle somewhere and have no identity.

Honestly, I have felt like that the past couple years.  Used to be, we would play the same type of game the other team wanted to play and try and win.  If they wanted to go slow, things would go real slow and we would try and outwork the other team.  If they wanted to go fast we would go fast.  If they wanted to play rough and goon it up, we would do that.  There has to come a point in time where you have the dominant level of talent where you can say "No, we are going to play our style and you can't stop it.  You will need to adjust your play style to try."  Unfortunately, we never get there.  It seems to be the coach's plan to always change how we play based on our opponent which in general causes you to play down to your opponent's level instead of playing above your opponent's level and dominating them.  I wouldn't be shocked if the Preds don't have a new coach before next season if this continues.  The GM has spent to win now.  We  have the talent.  If the current coaching staff can't even get us into the playoffs with this roster, then it is time for a change.  Our GM is good.  Just depends whether he sees us pulling out of this and getting in to the playoffs this year or not.  If not, the change could come soon.  You get into the playoffs and anything can happen but right now we are below the line.  The other problem is, none of the available coaches out there are what we would want either in my opinion.  I would much rather bring in some new blood but that rarely happens in the NHL.  We got the coach from the Spokane minor league team to help with our power play but a minor league coach or even college that is going to bring some fresh ideas and be able to adapt to today's style of hockey would be nice but I am not a GM.

Sorry, long rant but that is what you get when you are supposed to be good and suck.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #133 on: December 16, 2019, 01:44:35 PM »

Loss against Dallas was super rough.  Not only did they beat us in the playoffs, we play them in the winter classic in half a month and they just killed us.  There is an article out today about how the Preds used to be the team that would out hustle the other team, work harder, dig out the dirty pucks, win despite talent, etc.  The article says we finally saw that again this past Saturday, unfortunately it was Dallas playing like that.  We now have the talent and skill we should be able to go out and dominate based on those talents but somehow we can't figure out how to do that and we lost the drive to work harder.  We are caught in the middle somewhere and have no identity.

Honestly, I have felt like that the past couple years.  Used to be, we would play the same type of game the other team wanted to play and try and win.  If they wanted to go slow, things would go real slow and we would try and outwork the other team.  If they wanted to go fast we would go fast.  If they wanted to play rough and goon it up, we would do that.  There has to come a point in time where you have the dominant level of talent where you can say "No, we are going to play our style and you can't stop it.  You will need to adjust your play style to try."  Unfortunately, we never get there.  It seems to be the coach's plan to always change how we play based on our opponent which in general causes you to play down to your opponent's level instead of playing above your opponent's level and dominating them.  I wouldn't be shocked if the Preds don't have a new coach before next season if this continues.  The GM has spent to win now.  We  have the talent.  If the current coaching staff can't even get us into the playoffs with this roster, then it is time for a change.  Our GM is good.  Just depends whether he sees us pulling out of this and getting in to the playoffs this year or not.  If not, the change could come soon.  You get into the playoffs and anything can happen but right now we are below the line.  The other problem is, none of the available coaches out there are what we would want either in my opinion.  I would much rather bring in some new blood but that rarely happens in the NHL.  We got the coach from the Spokane minor league team to help with our power play but a minor league coach or even college that is going to bring some fresh ideas and be able to adapt to today's style of hockey would be nice but I am not a GM.

Sorry, long rant but that is what you get when you are supposed to be good and suck.
The truth of the matter is the NHL generally speaking has teams that are all competive.
When a team wins & the other team losses the sports guys have their spin.
If there's a win the story goes ....they played great. Defense offence goaltending....
If there's a loss it's ....they played lousy. Defense offence & goaltending only par average....effort.

When in fact we played great but the other team played very good too.
But there are times ....your so right. It's other team played great & we played lousy.
Is it lack of effort or is it mental & physical tiredness?
Think Nashville is playing 3 games in 4 nights against good skating teams. If they win 2 out of 3 they will have done good.
Elvis was known to go on a concert tour that took him to 14 dif. cities in 14 days !!!
No wonder the guy was on uppers/downers. 
Too much workload.
Can a NHL team play 80 plus games & then play far into the playoffs ...
Does the best team win or is it the most durable team win ???
Good skating skilled team like the Maple Leafs would be Stanley Cup Champions again but their players wear down & cannot give it their all when it matters.
Boston would of won last year but the Blues were just more durable while Boston had lower energy in game 7.  Mind said do this & that but their body said "No" .
Nashville team needs more time to physically & mentally to recover. That's why they are an up & down team.
No erase all above ideas.
Some teams the players are just happy they have nice cheques. Let's just cruise along & not bust our butts off. We get paid the same.
Then fans & sports media get on their butts so the team says " Well boys guess we better suck it up & play hard & get a win to satisfy our fans & put out the negative media stories.

No erase all above ideas...let's go with an idea I read recently.
Nashville must play their game & get an identity. Not adjust their game to who they play against.
If results do not come ...make a head coach change.
TNA for head coach of the Predators !!!

« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 01:47:40 PM by A-BOATER »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #134 on: December 16, 2019, 04:18:55 PM »

Another win for us and another loss for the team from Vancouver. Unless they pick up their socks it will not be a Merry Christmas for them.