Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2019-2020 NHL Hockey season  (Read 166047 times)

arimaBOATER

Re: 2019-2020 NHL Hockey season
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2019, 12:43:30 PM »

Our top scorer has been out the past two games and the team is struggling without his presence.  That and we can't seem to stop the power play.  Our penalty kill has been horrible this year for some reason.  It will get worked out though I am sure.
Our 2 goalies are playing very solid.  Markstrom & Demko.
Another 2 pts. & the win in New York City against the Rangers was their 2nd game of their back to back.
3-2 W. Team played super but Markstrom made plenty of great saves throughout extra so in the 3rd period. (Canuck  skaters ran outta gas)
Players look to be having fun out there on the ice. Each line is pulling it's weight & that makes good team chemistry & smiles on the players coaches GM media & fans face here in BC.

To solve the bad penalty kill in Nashville you(s) will think of something or else boo birds / knives will come out. No yous cannot have any of our goalies for any amount of $$$ or any trade.  ;D

« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 12:47:13 PM by A-BOATER »

TNAngler

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2019, 07:29:25 AM »

It isn't an issue with our goalies.  They have stood on their heads.  They are just not getting the defensive support and can't do it all.  They will get it figured out I think.  It might just be a matter of guys getting used to playing together on the penalty kill as the lines have shifted around some.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 07:41:20 AM by TNAngler »

arimaBOATER

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2019, 10:51:04 PM »

Preds got an idea before game time against the ducks. To keep the puck out of our net let's play offensively. If the puck is in the Duck end they cannot score on us.
Offense takes care of defense.
Preds dominate Ducks. Cigar for yous.
Canucks turn it on in 3rd period with 5 unanswered goals.
Horvat gets hat trick in Detroit infront of his family clan. 5-2. Canucks get cigar !
Leafs had their tongues hanging out & lost yet another game.
Boston 4-2 win.
Leafs get banana peel  ;D

FA & arimaBOATER are rejoicing !!! (Was it I who said "fire the Canuck coach" last season) Get the proper players out there & it makes the coach's job easy.

Can't wait to see the Canucks play against Leafs & Preds.
Leafs will lose but against Preds....they have fire power over there so they worry me a bit.
Canucks plan will be fight fire with fire. ( pump in more goals )
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 10:55:21 PM by A-BOATER »

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2019, 11:37:40 PM »

Kudos to the Canuck advisors making the Canucks great again. :)

TNAngler

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2019, 10:30:51 AM »

Was a fun game last night.  Some days being a season ticket holder is totally worth it.  Last night was one of those nights.  The only goal that was scored on us was a dumb mistake that shouldn't have happened.  Defenseman has the puck behind the net waiting for things to get set, then passes..... to nobody really, bounces right to a guy forechecking in the middle of the ice at the top of the circles, skates in on the goalie unhindered and scores (shocker).  Goalie had stopped a 1 on none breakaway earlier but really, how often can you expect that to happen?  The rest of the night was a very dominant performance.  We will be very difficult to beat by any team if we play like that.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2019, 11:37:46 AM »

Kudos to the Canuck advisors making the Canucks great again. :)
Firstly a response to TNA.
Possibly Ducks had sickly players. Colds flu ( hang over )
If not maybe the players had a un tasty pre game meal & were pissed thus not in frame of mind to play well. ( were not eating there again...or order something dif. on menu ....maybe even some players had the runs...ice arena wkrs with shovels on play stoppage )
Ok ok let's just assume a Ducks tried but failed. Then congrads on a wonderful W. Well deserved.
But Preds players better get the hot air outta their heads before the next game. Pride comes before a fall.
I predict  Canuck win over Preds & when both teams play on top of their game.
Dust settles Canucks W will be by 1-4 goals whatever Preds pot in.
No not bias or homer but from my observations of both team play & past history of psy. of the players mind/brain  8)
& many thanks to FA our Canuck advisor. Well done.
Look at our team now.

TNAngler

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2019, 07:44:28 AM »

LOL, bring it :)

You guys better score a lot.  We have played 9 games.  In 5 of those we have scored at least 5 goals.

And the players aren't having issues with pride, just me enjoying watching really good hockey.  And the Ducks tried, our defense just finally played like we know they can and how they used to and blocked the shots or cleared out the rebounds.  They got very frustrated and gooned it up at the end a lot but it is the Ducks so nobody is surprised about that part.  With our offense, if our defense plays even close to how they should play we will be tough to beat.

Definitely glad the Canucks are doing well too.  It is a lot more fun discussing hockey when the teams being discussed are doing well, not coming in here with my team doing well and nobody else is happy.

TNAngler

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2019, 07:28:28 AM »

Won 4-0 last night.  A couple times they could have or should have scored, hitting a post once.  We played pretty crappy the first period but left it tied 0-0.  It was against the Wild so it should be taken with a grain of salt as they are not playing the best but still a good outcome.  Decreased our average goals per game though, although we did get free frosties (for scoring 4 or more), a free Big Mac (for scoring in the last five minutes of the second quarter), free donut (for posting a shut out) and a free coffee (for winning).  So guess the decrease in average goals per game is acceptable.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2019, 05:25:04 PM »

Preds at home give out free junk food when they score "as you described".
If they keep scoring & winning at this torrid pace fans may have trouble with plugged arteries / too much sugar in blood ( heart & diabetic ills )  ;D
Ya but who can turn down a Big Mac. Tasty.
I buy one & bring it home & add in more stuff to it even.
More lettuce mustard butter cheese etc...hot sauce ..onions ...make it into a Super Big Mac.
Think Elvis would do the same.  ;)
Yes yes your team is making me nervous...
Well let me suck it up & take a deep breath & say " the Preds are going down down down & wet their pants when they face the Canucks" all those inner fears /demons of the past/ failures will surface on the ice & the Canucks new & improved will steam roll over them.
By the way "Congrads..seriously you have a talented lively team over your way. They have heart.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2019, 10:34:32 PM »

Caps played in a tough game in Edmonton last night.
They should of been sitting ducks /pluck the feathers / tired / easy pickings ...& sure enough Zcanucks go ahead 5-1 in the 2nd. End of 2 it's 5-2. Canucks decided to coast home to the finish in the 3rd.
I switch chs to watch the World Series.
After baseball game switch back to hockey game & it's 5-5.  :o
In S. O. Caps get the WIN.
This Canuck team must have a computer glitch somewhere like the 737.
This team should be grounded till we find the problem.
Have no idea how the Caps got 3 straight goals in the 3rd.
Did Canucks get a major penalty or what?
Thank goodness this is not a playoff game.
Wonder if TNA has stopped laughing yet ( ? )
What can I say ...but go & hide for awhile...let time heal.
This result will be like skunk spray...stink for a long time.
( Well we got a pt.....maybe the pt that gets Canucks in the playoffs & from there the Stanley Cup !!!
Oh ya ...what a great team we have. Watch out Preds & Leafs. Whata ya going to do when Canuck mania comes after you  ;D) feel better already.
Self help works every time.

EDIT IN: well the Preds get the W in OT in Tampa Bay.
Thought they would lose. TNA ya just may make me a believer in the Preds. They are putting up the numbers.
Canucks lose a game after being up 5-1 to a team that played the night before  :-[
Total melt down. Not a very good sign. A mature character team does not lose in that fashion.
Maybe when the Preds meet the Canucks yous will give them a "what to" or a " hockey lesson"
Canucks better bounce back in their coming games or else.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 11:47:03 PM by A-BOATER »

TNAngler

« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2019, 08:43:27 AM »

I wouldn't laugh at your team losing, unless you are a Blackhawks fan or a Penguins fan, then I would laugh hysterically.  Younger teams do have that issue of losing focus.  Heck, even older teams do too.

Given we went to Tampa without one of our best centers and without our best scorer, we were pretty happy to pull out that win.  The team has heart and grit.  The defense seems to be pulling it together more.  Win or lose, this team is fun to watch.  Even more fun when we get our two players back which hopefully will be soon given the call up from the minors was sent back down.  If you get a chance to watch a game on TV, definitely recommend it.

And yes, we have been getting a lot of free food.  We don't actually take advantage of it.  We used to get the free frosties every time we got them but eating 3 frosties a week was getting to be too much so we put them in the freezer to eat later but then our freezer filled up and we ended up throwing a bunch out.  Haven't gotten any this year yet.  Just nice to get the Frosty goal because that means we scored 4 goals which usually will mean a win and the entire stadium goes nuts.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2019, 09:59:11 PM »

Another win for the Canucks. Rebuild is coming along nicely

arimaBOATER

« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2019, 11:51:29 PM »

Another win for the Canucks. Rebuild is coming along nicely
Rebuild ...think we are built. We'll take on anybody come on come ...
12 goals in last two games!
Reminds me of the 1980s Edmonton Oilers.
Ya heard it here folks.
FA "thumbs up "  advisor. ( have to give the BC Lions some advise for next yr ..win all is well ...lose no pay & fans get refund ..should get these guys hopping. )

TNA thanks for the many kind words.
Tried to bait you to get to respond emotionally ...but ya took the high road.
Good on you. So we will get the Cup this yr & Preds can have it next after that.
The team you mentioned ya do not like is Chicago & I see they will be in Nashville.
( other team you do not care for ...Pittsburg. ) Both those teams have had their share of Cups.
Now it's Canuck's & Preds turn.
Yes I will check our sports channels TSN & Sports Net & if a Preds game is on....will watch.

Gotta feel for Markstrom because definitely their are some major personal problems in his family. He flew back east for 5 days to attend. Think that's why he lost his concentration in the Caps game.
Demko played net tonight & did a A-1 job.
Hope Markstrom gets those family problems worked out because if it is a crisis situation there is no way he can play well. Tax his mind. The pressure of goaltending is great so one's life has to be peaceful off the ice.

TNAngler

« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2019, 06:52:14 AM »

We went to the game against Vegas in Vegas decked out in jerseys and everythingg.  Vegas scored two first and the guy in front of us joked about giving us a high five.  On the second, I did give him a high five because it was a beautiful goal.  I prefer the Preds to win but love to see good hockey and can celebrate good moves and good goals even if they are against us.  Hockey is my happy place.  I have enough crap going on personally that keeps me riled up for days, weeks, or months.  Hockey isn't going to be that.  As for the cup this year, I say we meet in the conference finals, play it out, whoever wins then goes on to take the cup with the support of both of us.  I have no problem cheering for Vancouver to win the cup.

It is funny.  I started on this website because once a year I would fly up during the summer and we would go fishing the Fraser.  I got on this website to discuss that and prepare for that trip.  It has been probably five years since I have even seen the Fraser river, seven since I caught a fish in it, and the way things are going, probably never will again.  And yet, coming here to discuss hockey is too much fun to quit even if the fishing is all doom and gloom.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2019, 08:58:58 PM »

How is the attendance in Nashville ? Sellouts?