Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Thurston Meadows Access  (Read 2593 times)

Dylb

Thurston Meadows Access
« on: August 29, 2019, 08:42:36 AM »

Hey all,

I can't seem to find any definitive info online about public river and trail access through the Thurston Meadows campground.

Can anyone confirm that there is a parking and/or walk-through fee paid to the camp host? Even if not staying or visiting anyone at the actual campgrounds?

I don't mind throwing them a few bucks for a place to park, especially with so many break ins along Chilliwack Lake Road, I just would like to know what kind of cash to bring if needed.

Thanks for the help!

clarki

• Old Timer
Re: Thurston Meadows Access
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2019, 09:00:15 AM »

Fished there a couple of years ago and spoke with the host. Park on the Chwk River Road or park in the small parking lot. No fees for pedestrian access. Walk on the roadway, don't cut through campsites and be respectful of the campers was all he asked.   
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 09:07:37 AM by clarki »

bunnta

Re: Thurston Meadows Access
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2019, 09:06:44 PM »

There's no fee, they have a visitor parking but the person taking care of the campground is usually inside their rv on the right side. They are nice folks, just wait patiently for them to come out and tell them your here for fishing. Obviously your not gonna get anyone out at first light or probably not till sunrise.