Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Squamish River - closed to Pinks  (Read 7431 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: Squamish River - closed to Pinks
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2019, 12:05:54 PM »

If that is the case, then no need to close  rivers to protect low stock. simply put  catch and release rules and all the fishing pressure will gone.

I don't think that you understood the point being made here...

Jk47

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2019, 01:39:40 PM »

Squamish river came up and dirty with the rain as expected. Mamquam was a total snag fest all morning with 5 inches of visibility at the very best. After an hour or so me and my buddy couldn't get 1 single fish in the mouth and I had had enough. All humped out purple males.

Animal Chin

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2019, 05:59:38 PM »

Or you can look at it from a different perspective? Perhaps most people have chosen not to catch and release fish repeatedly when stocks are low and their way of being ethical is to only fish when you can keep a fish?

This is it for me. Though I've been tempted. I keep imagining myself doing an ill timed quasi-single haul and shooting line out, strippng, stripping, stripping, stripping.. fish on!!!! ... like an itch on a phantom limb..when I'm driving or waking down the street. Didn't nearly get the fix I've been waiting for. Two bad seasons now.

obie1fish

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2019, 04:17:24 PM »

Just saw this today:https://www.cbc.ca/news/squamish-river-pink-salmon-fishery-should-be-closed-say-local-conservationists-1.5266630

For what it's worth.