Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: You go your way, I'll go mine  (Read 2357 times)

clarki

• Old Timer
You go your way, I'll go mine
« on: July 02, 2019, 05:31:01 PM »

I posted previously that I get a great deal of satisfaction engaging, observing, interpreting and appreciating the natural world around me when I am on the water. Saturday was another one of those days.

As I walked upstream during a successful cutthroat hunt, I kept pushing a large gaggle of geese ahead of me. Normally they would just fly away, but this gaggle had many goslings in their midst, so they were confined to swimming away from me to keep out of harm's way.

At the upper reaches of the waterway, the geese had run out of water to swim in. They were milling about, acting agitated, in some prime ct holding water. So to set their minds at ease, and to minimize disruption to the water I wanted to fish, I laid down in the long grass. Seeing me gone, the geese contentedly paddled their way downstream and, after they had passed, I happily carried on up. Win Win :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkDWqqlgY40

And no wonder they were agitated. Earlier in the day I had come across a fresh pile of guts that appeared to be from a gosling. Mink? Coyote? It's a harsh world out there...

StillAqua

Re: You go your way, I'll go mine
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 07:46:38 PM »

Great post clarki. Especially the video from the grassy knoll and the eviscerated gosling photo.

I would think a large predator like a coyote wouldn't leave any guts with something as small as a gosling. Mink sounds more likely.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
Re: You go your way, I'll go mine
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2019, 09:15:16 AM »

I've never seen a coyote or a racoon leave a gut pile. People leave gut piles but animals not so often.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.