Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2019 CFL Season  (Read 41963 times)

arimaBOATER

Re: 2019 CFL Season
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2019, 11:38:35 PM »

No protection from the offensive line for #13, lucky he did not get injured. Lots of work on this before the next game.
Reminds me of the SK Riders 1978 think it was ...Ronny Lancaster QB last yr in the league.
He was nailed & took beatings like how Reilly took tonight.
He 's drop back & stop & tackled. No time to barely look downfield.
& the O line of this yr's Lions are suppose to be top guys.
One O line guy is making is it 250 or 300 thousand per season. Yes for a O lineman.
But better to start bad & get better as time goes on.....
Some teams start good & fade into a slump.
All in the plan. ( those Lions are smart. ) Zjust look at the St Louis Blues...last place in Jan. & Stanley Cup Champs in June. Easy as 1 2 3  :o

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2019, 09:32:12 AM »

No protection from the offensive line for #13, lucky he did not get injured. Lots of work on this before the next game.

Part of the blame rest on the shoulder of the Offensive Coordinator Jarius Jackson. Don't make Reilly an easy target by continually dropping back into the pocket. Move the launch point by rolling out, quick passes, screen passes etc.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2019, 09:31:09 AM »

Part of the blame rest on the shoulder of the Offensive Coordinator Jarius Jackson. Don't make Reilly an easy target by continually dropping back into the pocket. Move the launch point by rolling out, quick passes, screen passes etc.
Totally agree.
When a team sends the house like that play after play the QB or OC J Jackson who sees what's going on...has to make adjustments on the fly. If they do that ...we will do this to counter.
Buy time by rolling out of the pocket...
Dump pass over the middle...
Or QB runs up the middle & gets yds & sides feet first.
Lions start is against three of the toughest teams...Bombers,Esks & Stamps.
It will not be easy playing in Calgary against last yr's champs.
Think Esks were so so fired up because QB M Reilly was the leader in Edmonton & he left them for the big bucks BC offered ( & for other reasons I assume ...likes Vancouver area sort of thing )
Reilly who knows feels a little guilty leaving & knows he sort of betrayed his ex teamates/fans.
Players wanted to let him know your not coming back & getting two pts...lots of feelings...

Lions had better turn things around because if they win only 10-20% of their games in the future heads are going to roll. Head & assit coaches. Remember LaForge short stay of Canucks coach?
Players gotta buy into the system & play hard for 60 minutes.
Something is wrong big time when no adjustments were made when sack after sack was happening..2 & out. Could not hardly believe what I saw when all that pressure came & sacks.
At least a swing pass to a running back.
As Chris said Reilly could of been injured with those hits. A few to the head...one hit low to the legs...hands to the helmet & twist of the head...
They gotta change it up..
Long pass short pass fake hand off & pass roll out dump over the middle draw screen running play...
They are just calling 95% of the time 15-20 yds or more drop back & long passes. Good if it works like in the first qtr but even a lot of those catches it was 50/50 as the D man was right there in good coverage.
The pressure is building / stress on head & assit coaches....Harvey's glaring eyes from the sidelines..
Big wins will turn it around. Honestly the way this game started I thought the Lions will win for sure. Crazy me. The CFL always surprises.
Lions should be fired up for Calgary. Win there & it's back to ...everything is all right.
Bet $1 on Lions & payout is 1 million dollars geeeeeee....come on Lions ...get it together & get hungry for wins.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 09:37:53 AM by A-BOATER »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2019, 05:28:07 PM »

Looking foward to our first win tomorrow night.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2019, 06:38:37 PM »

Looking foward to our first win tomorrow night.

I'm not betting on it however I would love to be wrong.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2019, 05:46:27 PM »

Better tonight at the Half at 22 -10 but would have liked to punch that last play in.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2019, 07:12:50 PM »

Terrible, should not have happened.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2019, 07:14:41 PM »

Terrible, should not have happened.

Agreed. Lions will win next week. Guaranteed :)

arimaBOATER

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2019, 11:59:27 PM »

Better tonight at the Half at 22 -10 but would have liked to punch that last play in.
Did not watch the live game but just finished watching the replay.
So many key plays in this game. So many went the Lions way & many key plays Stamps way.
If Lions punched it in it's 29-10 at the half. Big stop for Stamps.
Plus Lions leading at the end with great QB Reilly run up the middle for a TD & it looks like "good night Irene" Lions have it in the bag.
Kinda like having netted your fish but somehow it flips out & falls back in the water !!!
Stamps get a major plus 2 pt conversion.
Then they get that short kick & then down the field & TD & they are in the lead & suddenly it's " goodnight Irene" against the Lions. Stamps victory.
Unreal !!! Over all an exciting game exciting finish if your a Stamps fan.
Liked the way the Lions moved the ball...with lots of short passes screens running plays...
There was a fast wind plus the sun was shining on an angle all game long. Many plays the Lion recievers looked for the ball with the sun in their eyes.
Thought Lions played a very good game & deserved to win this one.
Yes Chris/FA hope they will get a W the next game.
FA guaranteed a WIN so that's good enough for me.
He's never been wrong yet from what I can recall.
FA is 100% in every prediction all these yrs.
Go Lions Go.
Bet the house the Lions win game 4.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2019, 02:19:01 AM »

Well it's 2:05 am & am watching the replay of the Als vs Tigercats game played in Montreal.
Wish I could watch to the end but it's getting too late.
Als just scored & ahead 22-18.
The temp is 32 C !!! ( in Montreal ) the camera operators are told to scan the crowd.
Lots of nice girls smiling.
Exciting game. Als need a W badly.
Hamilton has 3 wins already & can afford to lose.
The 1/2 time concert just could not enjoy.
Getting old I guess.
Hip hop or glorified RAP. If they played that music/song in the 60's /70's the crowd would of thought the Martians have landed on earth with their ufo's.
Nice guys but their song/music would literally drive me "nuts" ...gee no beat or any rock to it.
Stanback for Als has good speed & moves.
After posting this I'll check who won this game. Hope Als did.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2019, 07:58:30 AM »

Als won. Khari Jones' first win as head coach

arimaBOATER

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2019, 02:38:39 PM »

Als won. Khari Jones' first win as head coach
Ya checked the score on web after & saw lots of pts scored in the 4th. ( mainly by Als )
Last game for Als OL.
He still wants to play but guess younger guys on OL are taking over.
Well he has two Grey Cup wins & played something like 11 seasons with one team.
Als got about even 200 yds running / 200 yds passing...
Stanback hits the spots & knows when to make cuts plus guys know how to block infront of him.
Some surprises sometimes in coach firing or movements. Head coach / GM leaves resigns in Sask. Before this season to be assit. coach in the USA. He goes to Sask. & gets rid of 3 of their most popular players ...then he bails out.
Hope he stays in USA. He bails after winning Grey Cup in Edmonton.
The Tressman ( Marc ) gets the boot in Argos in the past after they won the Grey Cup the yr before. He also lost his starting QB to injury the yr he's fired !!!
WTH is that?
Then this yr Als fire Mike Sherman just before season starts!!! WTH is that ?
Manziel gets banned from CFL thus Als lose the risk of signing him.
He's now in Memphis with some team. Has he had drug problems? Not sure.
Stories of break up with his wife so that had to add to the pain.
He was getting better each game so hope he gets his life together.
Good to see the Als get better as they were a power house in the league for many yrs.
Pringle Ham coach Matthews Calvio sp? QB  & their other great players.
Their short but sure hand reciever they had. Guy made unreal catches. I 'm not a Mormon guy but he was (is) .
Now we need the Lions to step it up.
Toronto  & Sask. are this yrs weaker teams I think & rest much better or getting better fast.
Guess we can include the Lions as a weaker team like Argos/Riders ....long season so we will see where they land up in the standing. And who can get hot in the playoffs.
6 of the 9 teams make the playoffs so it's harder to miss the playoffs than to get in Ha!!!!
With so few teams in the league only the top 4 teams to get a chance at the Grey Cup. ( not 6 )
This makes the cfl a joke when it is not. Majority makes the playoffs cheapens the league.
As it is now the 3 teams that miss out from extra play should have to be tar & feathered & wear dunce hats. Head coaches fired & thrown into a mud pit.
Gee getting carried away....
And those Lions better start roaring soon.
They had the last game in the bag ...
That must of stung a bit for the team bottom to top  & of course us Lion fans. Ouch.
Only cure is wins & wins & win this yrs Grey Cup.  ;D
Jones .....Calhoun....Ricky Ray.... Think Jones who signed extension with Riders to 2020 to be VP GM head coach & D coordinator....resigned from Riders to go to Browns assit defense coach...as he hopes to get viewed as possibility head coach for Browns in coming yrs. 
« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 04:17:34 PM by A-BOATER »

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2019, 06:58:08 PM »

Guaranteed win 18-17 ;D ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2019, 07:03:23 PM »

A win is a win but a cliff hanger right to the end. I hope we start a win streak now.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2019, 09:08:42 PM »

Couple of coaching blunders by Corey Chamblin certainly didn't help the Argos