Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Raptors vs Warriors for all the marbles. 2018/19 Finals championship  (Read 7180 times)

arimaBOATER

Warriors have won 3 championships in 4 yrs. The players are mostly B. Thumpers & so is their coach.
Will now Canada's team put up a good fight & even possibly win 4 games?
Wow !!! Think I'll become a basketball fan for a short time.
Hopefully Bruins/Blues games are not on at the same time. If so...hockey wins out.
Possibly Chris & FA will be cheering for Raptors.
What The .... if that is so...it would mean Chris & FA would agree twice as in 2x !!!!! Don't know if my heart could take this shocking news. Shocking in a good way.
Blues & Raptors they cheer for.
Miracles still happen...hope for world peace after all. Human race just maybe can sign a world peace treaty  ;D
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 12:22:11 AM by A-BOATER »

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer

Have you been drinking A-BOATER ? The next time the Bruins and Leafs square off will be next season.

arimaBOATER

Have you been drinking A-BOATER ? The next time the Bruins and Leafs square off will be next season.
Think your the one who is drinking? Make no mention of Bruins vs Leafs  :o
Follow the drift FA...
Let me go slowly ..come to the blackboard.
Chalk please...ok you & Chris are both hoping & cheering for the Blues to win the Cup & defeat the Bruins.
SHOCKING NEWS ( Chris & FA agree on something in hockey  ;D )
Now the Raptors ( NBA basketball team from TO ) have kicked out the Bucks 4-2 in games & are the eastern champions.
They will face the Golden State Warriors the western champions in the NBA championship.
As Toronto Raptors are in the finals & only team in Canada many Canadians across the country will be cheering them on.
Imagine the Raptors if they get 4 wins & win it for the first time.
Golden State has won it 3x in the last 4 yrs & if they win it again 4x in last 5 yrs. Impressive indeed as there are a lot of teams in the league.
My thinking was maybe Chris will be cheering on the Raptors & maybe FA will cheer on the Raptors as well. If that's the case ...not far fetched...do not most Canadians become fans of basketball should we get a team in the finals? Think so.
Now should FA & Chris cheer on the Raptors it will be the 2nd time they agree on something in sports.
Now that would be EXTRA SHOCKING  NEWS !!!  ;D
But seriously hope the Stanley Cup & NBA finals are both hard fought & exciting series !!!
Yes cheering for Blues in hockey & Raptors in basketball in each of these final series.
May the Golden State Warriors ( they won it enough times in recent yrs ) & Bruins bite the dust.
Both Blues / Raptors have never be champs.
If will not be easy for Blues or Raptors. Golden State / Bruins have that swagger about them. Kinda like another day in the office or factory ...
If Blues & Raptors can just relax & not get stressed out & execute they have a chance.
( by the great magic of modify the post...took out Leafs & typed in Blues ....shhhhhhhh no tell no tell FA  by mistake I had Bruins vs Leafs in the first post :-[ :-[ :-[..no wonder FA thought I was drinking )

« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 12:26:18 AM by A-BOATER »

arimaBOATER

Raptors W in game 1.
TO players put it together & played cool & calm as a cucumber.
Each player chipped in.
118-109.
Drake looked like he was tranquilized as he normally is jumping around on the sidelines  :o
Golden State has their hands full if a Raptors keep playing like this.

arimaBOATER

Re: Raptors vs Warriors for all the marbles. 2018/19 Finals championship
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2019, 01:03:32 AM »

After two games the series is tied. 1-1 one to one a game each !
Today's loss was a matter of Golden State making their shots more often than TO did.
In the 3rd Golden State goes on an 18-0 run in pts.
Time after time Raptors shoot the ball & off the rim or lay up & does not go....
Even Golden State at one point was taking shots & nothing going in ...then Raptors go down take a shot & nope ! It was like all the players had the wrong contacts in their eyes.
Blurry vision.
TO let the stress of the event get to them.
Think playing away from home will actually help them to play better. ( possibly )

arimaBOATER

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2019, 10:16:50 PM »

Raptors start off strong & keep it going till the end.
Golden State have 2-3 key players out with injuries.
Curry has big game big pt total.
Raptors making their shots & refs call a good game.
Golden State has a way to pull "rabbits out of a hat" so Raptors cannot let up one bit.
2-1 in games for Toronto.
Maybe they can steal 2 games in Oakland. Bay City.
Like the Seahawks finally got a championship after so many yrs...
It is good if the Raptors become "the champs".
Golden State Ho hum big deal if they get another championship...
New England who cares if they win another Super Bowl.
Pass it around.
It's ok if Canucks & Lions win all the marbles for the next 5 yrs though.  ;)

arimaBOATER

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2019, 09:20:04 PM »

Raptors win in game 4.
Ahead 3 -1 in games.
What !!!!!
They were down early but fought back ...took the lead & held on to a cruising W.
Is this a dream I'm about to wake up to.
Next game in TO & if they can get the win guess what ?
They will be champions.
( Golden State & Boston Bruin fans are thinking their teams are toying with the Raptors & Blues thus on purpose gave them the lead & now they will go to work ....kinda like give a slower sprinter a 20 yd lead & then start the 100 yd dash.)
Go Raptors go & Go Blues Go. 

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2019, 11:35:43 PM »

I was in Yaletown for my pregame meal before heading to BC Place. Most of the restaurant bars were full. One and a half hour wait.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2019, 09:09:49 PM »

I was in Yaletown for my pregame meal before heading to BC Place. Most of the restaurant bars were full. One and a half hour wait.
Lions make a 4th qtr comeback & best the Stamps in last pre season.
Raptors nearly won in game 5 with a comeback in the 4th & were up by 6 pts with 3 min on the clock.
Lost by 1 pt.
They had the ball with 15 sec on the clock & should of called their remaining time out & get minds a mini break & draw up a set play.
Their shot hit the back boards on a rush shot.
Golden State did it again with their 3 pt shooting guards...& Durant who hit 3-3pters in the few minutes he played. Game now in series Raptors 3 Golden State 2.
Hey the present champs are fighting to the end with some of their key players injured.
Heart.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2019, 09:20:02 PM »

Fee fooow fiiiiiiii fommmmm I smell a new NBA Champion !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!