Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New Video: Allison's First Interior Lake Trip  (Read 3620 times)

FlyFishin Magician

• Old Timer
Re: New Video: Allison's First Interior Lake Trip
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2019, 07:30:25 AM »

Nice!!!  It's pretty cool when the fishing becomes red hot in the interior!  My fishing group got a report from our buddy Dan, who is fishing behind you and released that beauty fish at the end of your video.  He got another fantastic photo of a good sized bullet chrome fish jumping out of the water - thanks to you Rod!  Great work!

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2019, 09:28:13 AM »

I sent Dan about ten different aerial shots like that actually, I might post a few more up. :)

The fishing was good number wise, size could have been bigger. ;D I love these lake fisheries not only for the fish, but it's just a more relaxed setting. Sitting in your boat and surrounded by people who you enjoy fishing with, hooking a fish once awhile. Good times.

armytruck

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2019, 03:49:05 PM »

I love these lake fisheries not only for the fish, but it's just a more relaxed setting. Sitting in your boat and surrounded by people who you enjoy fishing with, hooking a fish once awhile. Good times.

The masses will be out this long weekend . Lots of fun for the whole family  8)  ;D ;D ;D.
Just hope it doesn't snow like a couple years or more ago on the May long weekend .
Needa lake bound  ;) .
"Everyone ought to believe in something;  I believe I'll go fishing."

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2019, 04:19:46 PM »

The weather forecast is not looking so good... ;D We'll be out there this weekend too... rain, snow, or shine. :-\

DanL

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2019, 05:15:48 PM »

The camera work showing the indicator takedown is really good. Never get tired of watching those, and many stillwaters vids miss that part of it.

The one thing I have come to really appreciate about the interior stillwater is that the best fishing often coincides with the best weather, and sane hours. There's so many options in lakes of every type that there is something for everybody.

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2019, 06:51:08 PM »

did you get kitty to do the voice over for allison.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2019, 10:51:44 AM »

The camera work showing the indicator takedown is really good. Never get tired of watching those, and many stillwaters vids miss that part of it.

The one thing I have come to really appreciate about the interior stillwater is that the best fishing often coincides with the best weather, and sane hours. There's so many options in lakes of every type that there is something for everybody.

It makes day trips from home a lot more enjoyable that's for sure. ;D Left home at 7am, fished from 9:30am to 6:30pm, left lake at 7pm, home just before 9pm. :D

essyoo

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2019, 11:12:05 AM »

It makes day trips from home a lot more enjoyable that's for sure. ;D Left home at 7am, fished from 9:30am to 6:30pm, left lake at 7pm, home just before 9pm. :D

I was going to ask if any of those lakes were day-trippable from the lower mainland. Not looking for you to give up your spots, but any areas anyone would suggest that are reachable and worth taking the family to?

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2019, 11:22:30 AM »

Keep in mind that I live in Chilliwack so that shaves off at least an hour of driving compared to those who live in Vancouver. I think the closest ones which I'd recommend are the lakes along the Kane Valley Road. You can access them by taking the Coldwater exit, the Kane Valley Road is also one of the most scenic drives in my opinion. Shea Lake is a good one to visit for kids. Lots of fish in it.

essyoo

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2019, 12:02:40 PM »

ah great! I was already looking at those. I'll be coming from Langley, so not TOO much of a difference. Thanks Rod!

psd1179

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2019, 02:12:16 PM »

ah great! I was already looking at those. I'll be coming from Langley, so not TOO much of a difference. Thanks Rod!

Another tip for family fishing is to look at the youth only lake. Much less people there, fishing are usually easy and fast. Lake like Rose and tulip at Roche lake park

DanL

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2019, 08:55:57 PM »

... any areas anyone would suggest that are reachable and worth taking the family to?

One thing that I'll add to Rodney's comment is that the Kane Valley road that connects the Coq to the Okanagan Connector is one of the nicest gravel roads and all the lakes in that chain are very accessible by almost any vehicle this time of year (leave the lambo at home).

The Voght valley road which connects to the Kane valley is steeper in sections but still reasonably accessible and also well maintained.

If you go to the sitesandtrailsbc website you can see what amenities the lakes have. If I recall, at least Harmon, Boss, Davis all have day use areas, camping, boat launch, docks, the whole 9 yards. Several family friendly lake options in that area.