Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fraser River meeting by all three sectors  (Read 18113 times)

Robert_G

Re: Fraser River meeting by all three sectors
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2019, 09:15:53 AM »

Since you asked...

For starters, perhaps by not saying this "What are you smoking?" or this "That's a grade 3 reply" or this "If you don't understand that simple concept, then I'm done with you on this subject." or this "Why do you struggle with that concept?" or this from a couple of days  ago "...needs to go back to grade school"

When people have a different perspective and opinion than yours, they aren't stoned, they aren't poorly educated, that don't mis-understand, they just see the world differently.

Instead, you could discuss ideas, and agree to see the world  differently, and refrain from making comments similar to those above.

And I only jump in here because you asked to be educated.   

Look, I'm not one to deny my faults. I get wound up easy when people can't see common sense and logic.
I presented Rodney with some very real logical discussion, and he sidestepped all of it.
I let it get the better of me and I reacted in ways in which I should know better. For that I apologize.

As for Rod saying I'm negative...it's not negativity. It's pure frustration. I've taken my kids fishing, but they've never had the opportunities and open seasons that I had....and they ask me all the time to take them fishing ...and all I can say to them...."sorry the Fraser is closed"....as they show me my fishing albums with hundreds of pictures of me catching salmon and steelhead....asking why it isn't open anymore. Meanwhile a certain group is out there fishing the salmon to extinction.

With that said.....I already know Rod doesn't have a reply to my suggestions because he knows deep down that these meetings are political....meaning radical change like standing up to the First Nations and removing racism and discrimination from the current situation is NOT going to happen. So he just sidesteps me to make himself feel good. Like I said Rod knows these meetings are pointless. They've been going on for 30 years.....nothing has happened in those 30 years for the good, and nothing will happen in the next 30 years until you rid the situation of racism and discrimination. Its just simple logic and common sense.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2019, 10:11:55 AM »

Now you're telling people what I'm thinking? I guess you're not done yet lol... ;D

I have plenty of answers, but you don't get a reply because I have no time for those who lack respect and talk down on others. Clarki is too nice, but I prefer to save my energy on lecturing my kids instead of someone who's older and should know better.

Robert_G

« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2019, 10:42:17 AM »

I have plenty of answers,

No....you don't.
I know this, because I've seen others ask you the same questions...and perhaps as you put it...they ask you 'in a nicer way'...but with them too....you don't give them any real answers either.
So you can stop with the BS right now about you having the answers.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2019, 10:44:38 AM »

lol... let me rephrase that so you can understand that better. I don't have ALL the answers to solve the fishery issues, but I choose to seek solutions instead of stomping my feet and pouting like a little kid. I could have answered your questions, but I chose not to.

Done yet?

Robert_G

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2019, 10:47:09 AM »

but I choose to seek solutions instead of stomping my feet and pouting like a little kid.

So let me get this straight...You say I'm acting like a little kid because I want to see an end to racism and discrimination in regards to the fisheries...because at the end of the day....that's all I'm asking for right now.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2019, 10:49:06 AM »

Nope, reread the previous posts by me and Clarki. Clearly you lack the ability to listen or understand others' points, which is pretty unfortunate.

Robert_G

« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2019, 10:52:15 AM »

Nope, reread the previous posts by me and Clarki. Clearly you lack the ability to listen or understand others' points, which is pretty unfortunate.

I read all your posts from start to finish and I apologized...what more do you want?
All I've wanted from you this whole topic is to address my point on racism and discrimination that goes on in these processes of making decisions regarding the fisheries.....and you refuse to do that.
So yeah...I am frustrated with you.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2019, 10:56:14 AM »

So yeah...I am frustrated with you.

That's ok, because I'm not lol!

Like I said, I'm not about to engage in a meaningful discussion on racism and discrimination with someone who lacks the empathy and respect for others (not toward me, I couldn't care less what you think about me, since everything is based on what has been presented online), not just in this particular discussion, but in all previous threads.

DanL

• Old Timer
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2019, 11:33:13 AM »

Damn, you guys need to warn us before starting something like this. Give us a chance to get some fresh popcorn ready!

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2019, 11:55:09 AM »

Damn, you guys need to warn us before starting something like this. Give us a chance to get some fresh popcorn ready!

Better than Fortnite. ;D

firstlight

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2019, 12:38:12 PM »

I can feel the frustration too.
Your not alone Robert.
Time to buy some fish farm stocks...... :o

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2019, 12:51:56 PM »

Robart,

Until you go to a meeting with a fishing group and see that only 5 old dudes with white hair show up you don't no the frustration.  Thousands of comments online and social media from people but when it comes time to go to the meetings are join groups its crickets.

People can get up at 4:30 AM, fill there boats with ther friends, take the day off work, spend 100's on gear and boat fuel.

Yet can't spend a penny to join a group or show up at a meeting a few times a year and make the time necessary to have a positive impact on the future.

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2019, 01:04:46 PM »

Yet can't spend a penny to join a group or show up at a meeting a few times a year and make the time necessary to have a positive impact on the future.

The APATHY among fisherfolks (and hunters to a large degree) has always been rampant.
II'm going back decades here.
Various tactics have been employed, from bribery to shaming.
None worked.
Too many expect that "someone else" will deal with the matters at hand, then openly bitch about the outcome when it comes.

This is so well recognized DFO openly admits to counting on it when dealing with the recreational sector.

It is indeed true - I have seen the enemy - and he is us.

Sadly,
Nog

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2019, 01:14:35 PM »

Robart,

Until you go to a meeting with a fishing group and see that only 5 old dudes with white hair show up you don't no the frustration.  Thousands of comments online and social media from people but when it comes time to go to the meetings are join groups its crickets.

People can get up at 4:30 AM, fill there boats with ther friends, take the day off work, spend 100's on gear and boat fuel.

The APATHY among fisherfolks (and hunters to a large degree) has always been rampant.
II'm going back decades here.
Various tactics have been employed, from bribery to shaming.
None worked.
Too many expect that "someone else" will deal with the matters at hand, then openly bitch about the outcome when it comes.

This is so well recognized DFO openly admits to counting on it when dealing with the recreational sector.

It is indeed true - I have seen the enemy - and he is us.

Sadly,
Nog

Yep and yep.

Robert_G

« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2019, 01:46:54 PM »

Robart,

Can't argue with that because like I said...I've been to those meetings....although back in the 90s....we'd have about 10 old guys with white hair....and few guys in their 40s or so....
I said in an earlier post that if all the groups got together years ago....we might no be in such rough shape. But the Fraser was one of the first fisheries to be threatened to the sporties…. at that time, the salt guys still had their entire fishery going. They didn't see the need to help us Fraser River guys stop the bleeding the instant it started...and 30 years later here we are.
The sports fishermen body is now bleeding from the inside out and we're still putting bandages on the paper cuts.