Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chinook Feedback Summary March 2019  (Read 8105 times)

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
Chinook Feedback Summary March 2019
« on: March 09, 2019, 01:22:35 PM »

Summary of Feedback Received by DFO in consideration for the 2019/2020 Chinook Management Approach  March 2019

https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:1e61f87a-2842-46bd-993c-b72dfbb1bb44

Have a look at the numbers here folks. The NGO's are ruling the day, with a full 74 % of the input to date.  :o

Then take a look at the various key issues identified by each group.

By any stretch, the recreational fishing sector is floundering.

Get your letters in ASAP if you want to be fishing at all down the not-too-distant road...

Minister Wilkinson:
  min@dfo-mpo.gc.ca

Jeff Grout, Regional Resource Manager, Salmon
Jeff.Grout@dfo-mpo.gc.ca

DFO Pacific Salmon Team
DFO.PacificSalmonRMT-EGRSaumonduPacifique.MPO@dfo-mpo.gc.ca

There are some good suggestions what to include in your letter here: https://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum/index.php?threads/important-chinook-information-feedback-required.73642/

Nog

Fatso

Re: Chinook Feedback Summary March 2019
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2019, 03:03:42 PM »

Get your letters in ASAP if you want to be fishing at all down the not-too-distant road...

Yes I do but its a lost cause.  Recreational fishing will be banned sooner than or later.  We are a dying breed.  Agenda 21... Agenda 30.... thats the plan, and we arent part of it.  If you dont know what  Agenda 21 is, look it up. Its no secret.

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2019, 03:37:17 PM »

Yes I do but its a lost cause. 

It is indeed an uphill battle.
However DFO RELIES on just that attitude, and the great recognized APATHY among our own.  :o

Better to have tried, than simply died IMHO.

Cheers,
Nog

Fatso

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2019, 04:30:13 PM »

I applaud you for your valiant attempt, but once you realize that the script ( Agenda 21) has already been written and all of our politicians and bureaucrats are following it, you will see what i am talking about.

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2019, 12:42:54 PM »

This matter is going to directly effect every single person who wants to catch a spring salmon ever again.

The ENGO's are focused and organized.

The FN's are even more so.

If you fish for salmon at all, you have more than ample reason to be nervous.

VERY Nervous that is:

LFFA: Lower Fraser Fishery Alliance

Their letters all focus on UNDRIP and Reconciliation, as well as their court / constitutionally defined rights.

They want it all, and screw everyone else. Period.

Best be getting every single one you know to write in repeatedly!!

Worried!
Nog

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2019, 02:54:28 PM »

It's a messed up situation. I feel that once they take away our ability to fish for salmon, we'll never get it back. Once all the Fraser salmon disappear, they'll shut down Sturgeon as well.

VAGAbond

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2019, 06:36:43 PM »

This seem like a serious issue but I am only seeing a small part of it in this discussion.  Can somebody provide links to description of scenario A, agenda 21 etc.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2019, 07:10:08 PM »

Agenda 21 was a UN non-binding action plan adopted at the the 1992 UN Conference on Environment and Development held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, in 1992.
It aimed at achieving global sustainable development. The agenda was to combat environmental damage, poverty and diseases.

That is obviously a bad thing [sarcasm]. For obscure and illogical reasons it has become a large part of right wing fringe conspiracy 'theory'.

I place theory is in quotes since the last thing a reasonably sound theory can be is illogical. Right wing wing nut David Icke has described it as "a plan to kill you".

Here is a snippet on Icke from Wikipedia:

In 1990 Icke was a BBC television sports presenter and spokesman for the Green Party when, he says, a psychic told him he had been placed on earth for a purpose and would begin to receive messages from the spirit world.The following year he announced that he was a "Son of the Godhead",and that the world would soon be devastated by tidal waves and earthquakes, a prediction he repeated on the BBC's primetime show Wogan.The show turned him from a respected household name into someone who was laughed at whenever he appeared in public.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 07:13:14 PM by RalphH »
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Fatso

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2019, 08:37:25 PM »

Hahaha, Ralph, who are you trying to kid? You're the guy who thinks water runs uphill. 🤣

Have another firecracker..... 😎

( You should have a theme song, “You Light Up my Life” - Debbie Boone)

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2019, 09:25:08 PM »

Ralph is clearly ignorant.

Agenda 21 is non binding. However Canada did sign on. Agenda 21 chapter 26 paved the way for a UN agreement on an indigenous peoples act ( agenda 2030 ) that Canada signed again. That act laid the framework for our recent reconciliation movement, gender equality and sustainable development we are currently going thru. Ready some of the notes on 2030 and itll all make sense. There is nothing wrong with sustainable development or gender equality. I'm in the wagon. My issue is when a forgien body such as the United nations is dictating domestic policy, that I have an issue with. Ralph wants us to think it's a paranoid conspiracy theory. Theres no theroy here. It is a real conspiracy. People that hold no citizenship to this nation conspired how we should live. That's a fact.

A quote from Agenda 2030

in Budget 2018, the Government of Canada announced that it would provide $49.4 million over 13 years to establish an SDG unit and fund monitoring and reporting activities by Statistics Canada. This will enable better coordination among all levels of government, civil society organizations and the private sector on Canada’s efforts on the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. It will also support the monitoring and reporting of Canada’s domestic and international efforts to ensure that all of the SDGs are achieved by 2030 and that no one is left behind. The Government of Canada is also proposing to provide, from existing departmental resources, up to $59.8 million over 13 years for programming to support the implementation of the SDGs.

That money would be welcomed to help build our deple9salmon stocks BTW

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2019, 10:44:10 AM »

The Enemy is Organizing Against You:

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2019, 01:56:40 PM »

"The Enemy. Isn't that a tad hyperbolic?

How can they be the enemy if our desired outcomes align, but we differ on the necessary strategies?

Isn't the real enemy flyfishers, or bait users, or First Nations, or seals?

I can only have so many enemies. 

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2019, 02:05:36 PM »

I thought the real enemy is social media... ;D

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2019, 02:09:34 PM »

"The Enemy. Isn't that a tad hyperbolic?

Nope. Not at all.

I can only have so many enemies.

Ensure you pick them carefully then...   ;)

Nog

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2019, 02:30:16 PM »

Ensure you pick them carefully then...   ;)

Well done, sir :)