Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How are you going to fight “man made global warming”?  (Read 8098 times)

Fatso

How are you going to fight “man made global warming”?
« on: March 05, 2019, 01:41:51 PM »

So what are you gonna do to thwart man made climate warming?

Anything?  :)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: How are you going to fight “man made global warming”?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 01:55:48 PM »

Recycle

Fatso

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2019, 03:30:39 PM »

Me too.

I make my own fishing lures out of old metal spoons.  The bulltrout just love them.  Saves me a lot of $$$ too.

Cmon people!  What other great ideas are you able to share with us to help battle man made climate change and make this world a cooler place? 😎

Electroman

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2019, 03:37:00 PM »

I'm going to fly and drive allover the country protesting anything with the words oil or pipe in the name.
 8)

fishdreamer

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2019, 05:59:28 PM »

We are small cogs in a very big wheel. I have been doing my part for a long time including getting a Masters in Environment and Management where I studied this crisis in detail. The real science not the junk science. Sorry to be the messenger but We are already screwed, it is only a matter of how fast and how bad. People should do whatever they can to be on the positive side but it all comes down to how society approaches energy in the next 10 years. The move to renewables is too slow. We are burning more coal every year not less and expanding the oil sector. Experts like Mark Jacquard at SFU say we need to reduce this stuff by half in 10 years and we are going in the opposite direction. I have given up over and out.

santefe

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2019, 07:37:38 PM »

Maybe we should start protesting the shipping US thermal coal from Port Metro Vancouver's Deltaport.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2019, 08:30:37 PM »

We are small cogs in a very big wheel. I have been doing my part for a long time including getting a Masters in Environment and Management where I studied this crisis in detail. The real science not the junk science. Sorry to be the messenger but We are already screwed, it is only a matter of how fast and how bad. People should do whatever they can to be on the positive side but it all comes down to how society approaches energy in the next 10 years. The move to renewables is too slow. We are burning more coal every year not less and expanding the oil sector. Experts like Mark Jacquard at SFU say we need to reduce this stuff by half in 10 years and we are going in the opposite direction. I have given up over and out.

Don't tell that to the idiot in the White House.

Fatso

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2019, 10:20:08 AM »

Electroman:
I'm going to fly and drive all over the country protesting anything.

Hahaha... just like all the other “Climate Alarmist” warriors.  All squawking and nobody doing.

Its all talk and no action....  ;D

typhoon

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2019, 11:11:22 AM »

Electroman:
I'm going to fly and drive all over the country protesting anything.

Hahaha... just like all the other “Climate Alarmist” warriors.  All squawking and nobody doing.

Its all talk and no action....  ;D

"Climate Alarmists" That's rich.
When people do, the nut jobs say "Climate change is a hoax stop taxing me".
As someone who enjoys the outdoors why wouldn't you want to reduce severe weather patterns, hurricanes, tornadoes...

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2019, 11:21:36 AM »

I'm going to fly and drive allover the country protesting anything with the words oil or pipe in the name.
 8)

LMAO shouldn’t you be making fuel for me to drive around???

skaha

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2019, 11:57:02 AM »

--many people have great ideas about what I should give up...I just do what I can as a small cog. I just try to reduce my footprint or at least hold the line on what when and where I consume resources and work toward sustainable equilibrium. Pointing a finger is not helpful. If the only heat source is oil in the area that I live in...I have to use it until I can find an alternative. I can move to the most efficient burner available and drop the temp down, wear a sweater but I can't lower it to the point where I burst the water pipes. We need viable alternatives...people will change if they have an opportunity to do better.
-I live in an area where I cannot now burn the prunings from the trees on my property...I live next door to an Orchard...a commercial enterprise that can burn all of their prunings. I have to load mine up into a gas-fired truck and transport them to a landfill where they are mulched...they used to burn them but have changed that. Of course, I couldn't see across the street for most of the summer due to wildfires.
--Really we consume to live so the only real way to reduce consumption to a sustainable level is to reduce or right size the human population and distribution.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 03:33:00 PM by skaha »

psd1179

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2019, 02:32:28 PM »

I am going to eat more icecream everyday

Fatso

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2019, 04:14:05 PM »

I am going to eat more icecream everyday

....if you think about it this an actually brilliant suggestion.  If you lower your body temperature you can cool the world around you.  So in your own little way you are saving the world by staying cool.

Ice cream for everyone !!!

I will have a triple scoop of Island Farms bubblegum ice cream please. 🤣

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2019, 04:17:33 PM »

-
--Really we consume to live so the only real way to reduce consumption to a sustainable level is to reduce or right size the human population and distribution.

the real problem is consumption and by far most of the consumption that harms the planet and creates climate harming CO2 happens in the well-off developed. world. While it is important to reduce population growth, that is not the main cause of climate change.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 04:38:27 PM by RalphH »
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.