Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lamson Remix vs Liquid  (Read 6044 times)

Chehalis_Steel

Lamson Remix vs Liquid
« on: January 22, 2019, 08:30:41 PM »

Hey everyone
I'm thinking of getting another Lamson reel for steelheading. I really like the smooth drag on all their reels  :) So far I've been looking at the Remix 3.5 and the Liquid 3.5. Both of them have the same drag system but there is a difference in price because the Remix is machined while the Liquid is cast aluminum. But I can't find any other difference between them.

I've heard that the the Remix is supposed to be more durable = better value in the long run. But is that really true? It would be interesting to hear if anyone has tried either of them. Did you get the impression that the Remix is worth it vs. the Liquid?

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
Re: Lamson Remix vs Liquid
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2019, 06:40:26 AM »

I haven't tried either reel. The re-mix isn't fully machined, just the frame. The Liquid has been very popular. I would not assume machined is superior to cast though the machined parts of the re-mix are made from 6061 bar sock aluminum which seems to be an industry standard.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Chehalis_Steel

Re: Lamson Remix vs Liquid
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2019, 09:21:31 PM »

I haven't tried either reel. The re-mix isn't fully machined, just the frame. The Liquid has been very popular. I would not assume machined is superior to cast though the machined parts of the re-mix are made from 6061 bar sock aluminum which seems to be an industry standard.

In that case I will go for the Liquid. The 3 pack with 2 extra spools is a pretty good deal. It's around the same price as the Remix without any spools or anything extra. I'm thinking the higher price of the Remix isn't really worth it.